How to Install Plugins ×

The dll is in my effects folder but I can't see it anywhere on the menus in PDN...

This plugin shows up in the Adjustments menu, not the normal Effects menu. It's right under the regular Curves adjustment and has a similar icon, so I guess I can see how it'd be easy to miss.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

but it's not weird for me to disappear first and then slap you???

But then we can say a ghost did it or it was a figment of my imagination that slapped me.

ON TOPIC ALERT:

Can you make a keyboard shortcut for the plugin (like Ctrl+Alt+C)?

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

ON TOPIC ALERT:

Can you make a keyboard shortcut for the plugin (like Ctrl+Alt+C)?

Nope. Not without bundling my plugin with a new version of paintdotnet.exe, as all of the adjustments' shortcut keys are hard-coded into that. Looking through the source code (which I still have yet to do thoroughly) it looks like there was once a way to do this, judging by some of the comments and Effect constructor overloads.

/// The shortcut key is only honored for effects with the [EffectCategory(EffectCategory.Adjustment)] attribute.

My plugin is flagged as an adjustment (hence its appearance in the Adjustments menu)

but later in the source:

[Obsolete("This property is obsolete. There is no replacement.")]
       public Keys ShortcutKeys{...}

If anyone knows of a way to add shortcut keys, please tell!

edit: replacing the bundled curves adjustment with mine and then redistributing a new PaintDotNet.Effects.dll is also an option, but it still seems rather drastic.

xZYt6wl.png

Shouldn't this get sticked?

if y'all really want this to be stickied, i would suggest PMing Rick, as I doubt he bothers to read every post in this thread.

xZYt6wl.png

@usedHONDA: I still haven't had a chance to get started with the histogram. Just too much homework, and finals coming up, and teachers piling on projects like crazy. You know the drill. Bah.

xZYt6wl.png

Yeah, I understand. Even if I eliminate my job, I have a website to update, 3 forum themes to create, the Paint.NET Plugin Pack, and this forum to post in [:P].

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

• 3 weeks later...