How to Install Plugins ×

PixelCounter 2

TechnoRobbo

A Book Folding Plug-in

Menu: Effects->Object

This plugin is for folding books into decorative designs.

This is not an image effect.

It generates an Excel Spreadsheet for Book Folding

These Links may explain

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/26946-counting-filled-cells-in-column/?p=395648

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/32362-plugin-request-a-variation-of-the-pixel-counter-plugin/?p=431775

PixelCounter2.PNG?raw=1

pixelcounter2.zip

• Upvote 2

Go out there and be amazing. Have Fun, TR
TRsSig.png?raw=1
Some Pretty Pictures Some Cool Plugins

Ok, I have watched the video of someone folding paper, read the posts in the provided links, read the plugin description, opened a picture, ran the plugin,(nothing happened) it asked me to save the file (the one where nothing happened) called a csv in my documents folder, when I clicked the file it opened up in Excel a series of numbers in columns.

My questions - Is this a plugin for folding and creating an image in paint.net ?  or just some generator for Excel printing  references ? 

ZXCBOoZ.png

@NN - I think one needs an actual book, after using the Plugin to make the measurements.  Looks like a LOT of work - Phew!

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

@NN - I think one needs an actual book, after using the Plugin to make the measurements.  Looks like a LOT of work - Phew!

Thanks Pixey. I was under the impression it was an effect plugin. 

ZXCBOoZ.png

• 2 weeks later...

I made the request for the awesome pixelcounter2. It has been a huge hit with our book folding groups on Facebook. Here is the result of a pattern generated with the plugin.

post-133291-0-06271300-1446166699_thumb.

• Upvote 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I downloaded Paint.net, then downloaded pixelcounter2 and added it to the effects as instructed. How do I get the lines on the image to then use pixelcounter? Just as a black and white image the counter went troppo with over 7000 measurements?! Attached is the image I would like to use. TIA

post-143905-0-83215400-1448691146_thumb.

I've saved your picture and will work with it this afternoon. The picelcountet2 does not require the lines as it is intended to be a cut pattern with many measurements. If you want a regular pattern with one fold per page then you must either add white lines yourself by removing pixels or select a white graph line pattern over the image.

• 1 month later...

Hi, 

I've been helping my wife to get this working properly and it was no problem getting the plugin installed and working.

But I just can't get the formatting right in the CSV.

I've tried using "text to columns" in Excel but getting rid of the commas is just screwing with the decimals and removing spaces only shifts things around

making each document 15-20 min work to get to a workable state. 

post-145348-0-76516800-1452612191_thumb.post-145348-0-83407100-1452612196_thumb.

Is there a quick easy way to get the nice fomatting Heather gets in her video?

Where everything is where it should be from the start?

It should load directly into excel - no editing or text to columns required.

Don't use cut and paste just go into excel and open the file.

Think I found the issue, but I've no idea on how to solve it. 

In Sweden we use comma in our decimals, like 8,5.

I saw in the video that you have dots, like 8.5

Meaning that when I generate a comma separated file, it not only uses comma to separate the values, it also uses comma in the decimals. 

I've tried using Paint.net in English but that didn't solve anything, possible because my OS is in Swedish?

It automatically formats the decimals with comma?

I'm just guessing here, I'm not a programmer. 

Oh, and if possible I'd rather avoid reinstalling my Excel, it's a beat-up old version (but all I got) and I'm not entirely sure it will install again on Win10.

And I've already tried using other programs like Open Office and WPS (WPS came only in English btw). 

PS. 

Why would I ever use cut and paste in this?

The after pic is just after using "text-to-columns"

Edited by Cyjer

In Sweden we use comma in our decimals, like 8,5.

I saw in the video that you have dots, like 8.5

Meaning that when I generate a comma separated file, it not only uses comma to separate the values, it also uses comma in the decimals.

This might provide the answer... http://www.proz.com/forum/office_applications/34573-excel_turning_comma_into_decimal_point_2000_2000.html