How to Install Plugins ×

Jigsaw Puzzle v2.2 (Jan 9, 2016)

toe_head2001

Jigsaw Puzzle

Effects -> Render -> Jigsaw Puzzle
ui2.png

Description
Generates a Jigsaw Puzzle cutout of an image.

Example Images
Before:
before2.png

After:
after2.png

Change Log
v2.2 (Jan 9, 2016)

• Changed: Allow the 'Scale' to go up to 10 again

v2.1 (Dec 4, 2015)

• Fixed: Puzzle pieces would sometimes get a little distorted at low Scale values

v2.0 (Nov 26, 2015)

• New: Automatic puzzle Dimensions and Edge pieces
  • New: Four puzzle patterns are now available
  • Changed: Transparent line is now the default
  • Changed: Scale range is now capped to 5.0x; down from 10.0x

v1.0 (Oct 6, 2015)

• Initial release

Download

JigsawPuzzle.zip

Source Code
https://github.com/toehead2001/pdn-jigsaw-puzzle

Edited by toe_head2001
fixed broken images
  • Upvote 6

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Hi

@Toe_Head=Is it possible to make the corner and edge pieces look like real corner and edge pieces. Also, pieces are beveled at the cut edge from the die cutter. I like the look of the pieces.  :) 

@Racerx=Found where the pieces go. :D

SloppySig.png

Very cool B) I'm impressed :star:

I've been re-reading The Hobbit lately, so here's Thrain's Map in jigsaw.

Thrain-s-Map-Jigsaw.jpg

Image credit: EyeofSauron

Link: http://www.deviantart.com/morelikethis/artists/397889611?view_mode=2

• Upvote 5

On 10/6/2015 at 8:10 PM, Ego Eram Reputo said:

I've been re-reading The Hobbit lately, so here's Thrain's Map in jigsaw.

ooooh, that looks pretty fancy. Gold star for you too. :star:

On 10/6/2015 at 7:06 PM, doughty said:

@Toe_Head=Is it possible to make the corner and edge pieces look like real corner and edge pieces. Also, pieces are beveled at the cut edge from the die cutter. I like the look of the pieces.  :)

Corner and edges? You'll have to use the Scale and Offset controls to get good alignment (maybe crop too), and then fix the edges manually like @Ego Eram Reputo did (I assume). Could it be done automagiclly? Sure, I would need to rewrite part of the effect, and figure out the math. I'll look into it eventually.

Bevels? Good point. @Ego Eram Reputo used bevels in his image, and it looks super good. Looks like @BoltBait's Bevel Object plugin was used.

Run the Puzzle effect with the Transparent line option, and then run the Bevel Object plugin. Have a second layer below with a solid color.

On 10/6/2015 at 5:31 PM, racerx said:

Cool plugin. Dang, I hate when I have a few pieces that I can't fit......

In cases when you're going to remove pieces like that, I would recommend using the Transparent line option. Makes it easier to move them, and will give you a smoother edges.

• Upvote 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png

Very good, guess I needed a small tutorial. I didn't see that I could do it myself.

Thank you. :cake:

I'm going to put my try at this right here. :)

Puzzle%20Lily.png

Edited by doughty
  • Upvote 1

SloppySig.png

Very cool plugin. Thank yo so much. 

bjki3rdj.png

bgztnxkf.png

m2znludc.png

Edited by Seerose
  • Upvote 2

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Corner and edges? You'll have to use the Scale and Offset controls to get good alignment (maybe crop too), and then fix the edges manually like Ego Eram Reputo did (I assume).

That was it exactly.

For the edges - Once I rendered the pieces to their own transparent layer & created a solid border, I used Drop Shadow twice (sorry BoltBait!). Once for the highlights and once for the shadowed edges.

I lowered the layer opacity to fine-tune the strength of the effect.

For the edges - Once I rendered the pieces to their own transparent layer & created a solid border, I used Drop Shadow twice (sorry BoltBait!). Once for the highlights and once for the shadowed edges.

Hey, if you want an inferior bevel, that's your business. :P

Very interesting effect!  Good job on this plug-in.

Here's my attempt at it:

jigsaw_01.png

My image needs a little bit more work, I think, but overall I like it.   :)

Edited by lynxster4
re-hosted image

• 1 month later...

Version 2.0 posted. I rewrote the plugin, so it can do fancy things like calculating the maximum size the whole puzzle can be (based on the Scale), and delete all the pixels outside the puzzle border. See the first post for complete changelog and download link.

• Upvote 4

bp-sig.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello,

I've been using your excellent plugin for just over a year, but it suddenly disappeared from the Effects/Render drop down menu! I downloaded the zip file again and when I opened paint.net directory, the dll file was still there. I am at a loss as to why paint.net is no longer showing it. I'm going to cross post this in the general troubleshooting forum but the rules say to ask about plugins in the specific thread where it was downloaded.

Thanks for any help!

I just went to post to the troubleshooting plugins thread and had a flash of insight while typing. I tried my solution and it worked. So you don't specifically have to respond here (or there!) but I wanted to share.

I simply uninstalled the version I bought in the MS store & installed the free version from the web, and your wonderful plugin is back where it belongs! 

3 hours ago, wolfwoman said:

I simply uninstalled the version I bought in the MS store & installed the free version from the web, and your wonderful plugin is back where it belongs! 

I guess you don't know, that the Store version is different to the Classic version when it comes to the Effects Folder.  Perhaps read about it, half way down this page.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.