Layer Management Requesting Feature

SkeleCrafter

The chances are, this question/request has been asked before. I'm sitting using Paint.NET (Because I'm too poor to buy Photoshop) to do my school work. I add another layer. Before I know it, I've got 20 layers all confusingly named. I'm not a master at coding but surely it wouldn't be that hard to add layer management.

Here are some ideas:

• Groups of Layers

• A tree map for managing layers?

• Colour coding of layers

That's about all I can think of. You are probably thinking that I should just go and use gimp and stop whining but I like Paint.net and I think it has so much potential. Just a few core features are missing in my opinion eg. Brushes.

Thank you.

SVFi6mm.png

Edited by SkeleCrafter

r32rgaL.jpg

The chances are, this question/request has been asked before.

It has: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/2940-popular-feature-requests/

I'm not a master at coding but surely it wouldn't be that hard to add layer management.

Since you're not a programmer and you are not familiar with the internal layout of paint.net, don't presume to know how difficult it would be to add this feature.

Adding something like this would likely force a change to the .pdn file type... which would be HUGE!