Invalid zip from paint.net website

RonRebel

I recently got a new computer and Windows 10 and when I download Paint.NET and click on the zipped folder it says it is invalid :/

Edited by RonRebel

Its probably a damaged download. Delete it and try downloading it again - from the official site: http://www.getpaint.net/download.html

Take a screenshot of the error message. Upload it to an image hosting site & post the link here.

• Upvote 1

I've split this question out from the thread you posted in. It needs it own space :D

• Upvote 1

Is your operating system has a software for unzipping files (for example, 7-Zip, WinZip, WinRAR, IZArc, etc.)?

If I download WinRAR should it work?

If I download WinRAR should it work?

Yes, of course. After you download and install WinRAR right-click on rar.png paint.net.4.0.6.install.zip and select the desired action.

Is your operating system has a software for unzipping files (for example, 7-Zip, WinZip, WinRAR, IZArc, etc.)?

Unnecessary.  Windows has had a built-in unzip utility since Windows 98.

RonRebel: How are you trying to open the file?  What is the file's size?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Windows 10 doesn't have a zip program of it's own like 7 did?

Windows 10 has the same self extractor for zips like it always has across all versions from Windows 98 onward   ;)

ZXCBOoZ.png

I thought maybe now it was called an app and you had to buy it from MS or somewhere else,lol

:roll:  Not everything featured in the "modern day" windows relies on an app that you buy. You should give it a tryout instead of "thinking" what it can

(or can't do) You may even enjoy it.   ;)

ZXCBOoZ.png

Maybe it will help: Zip and unzip files

Again, shouldn't be necessary.  My assumption is that the file is getting corrupted, or that the OP is downloading the wrong file.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.