Magnetic Lasso?

As a trainee I am currently working on a project to create a new packaging rules guide. It has lots of photos illustrating the packaging process. My PC doesn´t have any adequate grahpics software installed, so I´ve installed Paint.net. The problem is to extract a bigger number of objects what takes a lot of time. The extracts need to be precisely. For 1 photo I need about 1 to 1.5 hours by using the Lasso and Magic Wand function. It would go very much faster if the Lasso would be magnetic like in many other photo software. Is there any option to get the extracting process done faster?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Saitentanz

Welcome to the forum Saitentanz.

It sounds like a long time to process a single image. How about showing us an example image so we can see what you're dealing with & trying to achieve?

Upload the image to a hosting site and post the link here.

Thanks for the link and the warm welcome.

The plugin seems to be the right tool. I´ll chekck it tomorrow and will report if it works.

Regarding the example images I have to say sorry, it´s not possible due to the company rules. But if the plugin works, then I will ask if I could make demo tutorial (in German language) for those who will continue this project when some changes or a new version will come.

Edited by Saitentanz

• 6 years later...

Thread is six years old @Peter1 ;)

If you want to re-start an old conversation, please start a new thread.

BTW: Magnetic Lasso is one of the features specifically mentioned in the Popular Feature Requests.