ShapeMaker Tutorials

TechnoRobbo

Posted Today, 10:34 AM

Red Ochre -You say "right click & drag" to pan the image when zoomed. (0.50 in the video).

For me it is Alt + left click and drag? 

Yes , you're right - it is Alt + Left + Click

Fixed the  Narration -uploaded to youtube

Go out there and be amazing. Have Fun, TR
TRsSig.png?raw=1
Some Pretty Pictures Some Cool Plugins

• 2 months later...

Dang!  I didn't know about this video tutorial - I must have been under my rock ;) .  Very good/useful/informative and a very sexy voice.

Now I understand so much more - did not know you could bring in an image to trace; + I never knew about the fill shape function.

Thank you very much :beer: :pizza: :cake: .

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Dang!  I didn't know about this video tutorial - I must have been under my rock ;) .  Very good/useful/informative and a very sexy voice.

Now I understand so much more - did not know you could bring in an image to trace; + I never knew about the fill shape function.

Thank you very much :beer: :pizza: :cake: .

When I went to use ShapeMaker I didn't know how to even make the image I wanted to trace show up in the plugin....so, I thought, well, could have been fun....maybe later. I then accidentally found his video and saw how he brought the image into ShapeMaker. I wanted to use ShapeMaker to trace, because I can't draw worth squat. Bless your heart for just using ShapeMaker with no image.

I guess I still don't know about the reasons for the "fill shape function" but all I know is after my images looked fine for OUTLINE only, used within PDN, but not in FILL or FILL OUTLINE, I began saving all completed images as "FILL SHAPE FUNCTION" with that green led light clicked on. Just cuz. So far so good.

• 1 year later...

Hello Pat.  Please read The Rules.

Especially:

23) ADVERTISING and SOLICITING are strictly prohibited. This is NOT a place to find artists or developers, either for hire or for volunteer/free. This is NOT the place to advertise your product, company, or community. If you want, you may include a few links in your signature as long as they are small and unobtrusive.

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

@pat71896, if you're willing to pay money, there is the VectorMagic service. Or just use the free trial, if you only need to do 1 image.

It gives better results than most (all?) auto-tracing programs. It can give you a SVG, PDF, or EPS file.

If you need additional formats, you can convert the SVG to whichever in Inkscape.

Here's that bike in the SVG format, as generated by VectorMagic:

http://kalama.x10host.com/gfx/junk/bike.svg

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

41 minutes ago, pat71896 said:

OMG! I was just asking for a little help.

I will remove the photos.

I'm sorry - I did not mean to offend you.  I was just pointing out the Rules on that "pay' subject.  We are willing on here to help teach people 'how to' in Paint.net ;).

30b8T8B.gif

1 hour ago, pat71896 said:

OMG! I was just asking for a little help.

No you weren't. You were soliciting because you 1) asked for someone to do it for you, and 2) offered to pay.

2 hours ago, pat71896 said:

Is there someone who could do this for me? I really don't have the time (this time) to learn and accomplish my goals. I would be happy to pay for the help.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, toe_head2001 said:

@pat71896, if you're willing to pay money, there is the VectorMagic service. Or just use the free trial, if you only need to do 1 image.

It gives better results than most (all?) auto-tracing programs. It can give a you SVG, PDF, or EPS file.

If you need additional formats, you can convert the SVG to whichever in Inkscape.

Here's that bike in the SVG format, as generated by VectorMagic:

http://kalama.x10host.com/gfx/junk/bike.svg

Thank you so much. I appreciate this information and guidance, it is just what I need.

May you be blessed in ways you have not yet imagined.  

Pat

• 7 months later...

Shapemaker has gone through an update since this tutorial was published. Where did it go wrong for you?

9 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

Shapemaker has gone through an update since this tutorial was published. Where did it go wrong for you?

I can't see the shape on the Shape menu.

Hello and Welcome.  It's a little difficult to know what you mean by this, so let's take it step by step.

1.  You download the Plugin and unzip it and put the .dll into the Paint.net Effects Folder.

2.  Restart Paint.net and then you will find it in the Menu like so:

Shape_Maker.png

30b8T8B.gif

1 hour ago, Pixey said:

Hello and Welcome.  It's a little difficult to know what you mean by this, so let's take it step by step.

1.  You download the Plugin and unzip it and put the .dll into the Paint.net Effects Folder.

2.  Restart Paint.net and then you will find it in the Menu like so:

Shape_Maker.png

I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE SHAPE... NOT THE EFFECTS MENU!

I go to the shapes tool, but the created shape won't load!

Edited by Phil E.

I hope you have read the RULES on here - especially #3.

You have to "Draw" the shape out when you see it in the Shapes Menu.  Hold Shift and drag with the mouse to draw the shape.

30b8T8B.gif

You said - " I go to the shapes tool, but the created shape won't load! "  You didn't say it wasn't there until now!

1.  So, you have created a shape made in the Shape Maker Tool?

2.  You saved the .xaml into a Folder somewhere on your computer?

3.  You moved the created .xaml Shape into the Shapes Folder in the Paint.net Folder in Programs - i.e. OS(C) - Program Files - paint.net - Shapes Folder?

4.  Open PDN and go to Shapes.

30b8T8B.gif

3 hours ago, Pixey said:

You said - " I go to the shapes tool, but the created shape won't load! "  You didn't say it wasn't there until now!

1.  So, you have created a shape made in the Shape Maker Tool?

2.  You saved the .xaml into a Folder somewhere on your computer?

3.  You moved the created .xaml Shape into the Shapes Folder in the Paint.net Folder in Programs - i.e. OS(C) - Program Files - paint.net - Shapes Folder?

4.  Open PDN and go to Shapes.

I put the exact file into Shapes but it won't appear...

Can you possibly attach the .xaml file on here please? 

P.S. I just tried to attach one and it didn't work.  Let me investigate further.

Right - I had to save the .xaml to Dropbox here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t8vea1c066qchgh/Ghost.xaml?dl=0

Please try to add it to your Shapes Folder and then see if it shows up.

Shapes_click_here.png

Edited by Pixey
added image

30b8T8B.gif

It would be helpful @Phil E. if you could provide the shape download or copy and paste the code from the .xaml file into your post. You're apparently doing something if the shape doesn't load into the shapes tool.  Pixey's ghost works for me and the link you provided didn't take me anywhere except to my home page in Dropbox.

Edited by lynxster4