How to Install Plugins ×

ShapeMaker - by the Dwarf Horde (Jan 30th, 2016)

TechnoRobbo

Thank you for the replies.  :)

I did only a quick play around, but it seems good. Thank you very much.

Thank you for your help and patience. We'll wait until you have a good chance to try it before making it official,

Go out there and be amazing. Have Fun, TR
TRsSig.png?raw=1
Some Pretty Pictures Some Cool Plugins

I tried using "Copy Path Stream" and pasting it into a blank .SVG file, but no program can seem to read it. Am I missing something? I'm unfamiliar with the .SVG file format.

Edited by bitKoder

Copy Path Stream can be used to paste into a program like KAXAML in the "Data" section of a template. The template must include header and footer section.
The example below is a template from KAXAML. (Note "[PASTE COPIED DATA HERE]" should be replaced by the data.

<Page
  xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation"
  xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml">
   <Canvas Width="1000">
      <Path
         Width="800"
         Height="600"
         Canvas.Left="0"
         Canvas.Top="0"
         Data="[PASTE COPIED DATA HERE]"
         Fill ="#FF999999"
         Stroke="#FF000000"
          StrokeThickness="9"
         Stretch=" None"/>
   </Canvas>
</Page>
  • Upvote 1

Go out there and be amazing. Have Fun, TR
TRsSig.png?raw=1
Some Pretty Pictures Some Cool Plugins

• 7 months later...

Hi all involved,

I just installed this plugin v.1.2.311724 on Win 10 with PDN v4.0.10. When I start it I cannot draw anything. When clicking on the canvas nothing shows except that the Undo button lights up in blue.  Any ideas on how I can make this work?

Best regards,

//Matthias

3 minutes ago, Red ochre said:

Are you right clicking on the grid?

You will really need to read the manual to understand how to use this correctly.;)

Wow, now I do feel stupid... Yes, I read all of it, and all post in this thread as well, the right click did not stick. I left clicked, not right. Case closed.

• Upvote 2

...and a DAMN fine manual it is too :mrgreen:

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Red ochre said:

I always have to refer to the manual to refresh my memory whenever I use Shapemaker.;)

This is a sign of poor design.

I'm not complaining; constructive criticism. :D

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Ah - Rubbish!:D

If you can out do us (the Dwarves) then please do - that's a challenge!:lol: - it's not really constructive criticism until you actually suggest a better way - obviously.;)

Seriously, much time and thought went into the design - people can always use inkscape or crashy  xml geometry programs.

Shapemaker is available on the Australian thieves website - so figuring out how to stop piracy would be a better use of your skills, in my opinion. Not starting a fight - just annoyed at piracy and knowing your experience/ability hoping you could suggest a solution?B)

• Upvote 1

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

13 minutes ago, toe_head2001 said:

This is a sign of poor design.

I'm not complaining; constructive criticism. :D

(Respectfully and strongly) disagree.

The manual is there for ShapeMaker newbies and for the complex stuff you don't repeat often enough to memorize. It also introduces more information on subjects that are too complex to explain in detail the UI (like the Fill rules and Path Markup Syntax). The manual runs to 53 pages. You can't expect that much information to be intuitively available.

ShapeMaker is a very complex plugin & it can be used in a number of different ways. There is a reason it is found in the Advanced sub menu.

@Red Ochre: Yes. Exactly! +1.

On 9/2/2016 at 7:35 PM, Red ochre said:

If you can out do us (the Dwarves) then please do - that's a challenge!

Ok, I'll go through everything in the plugin, and compile a list of possible improvements for you guys to review. I won't have my Windows computer back up for a few more days though (due to my relocation.)

On 9/2/2016 at 7:35 PM, Red ochre said:

Shapemaker is available on the Australian thieves website - so figuring out how to stop piracy would be a better use of your skills, in my opinion. Not starting a fight - just annoyed at piracy and knowing your experience/ability hoping you could suggest a solution?

I don't think I could help you there. Any preventive measures are sure to be circumvented, so I don't think "piracy" can be stopped.

I actually encourage redistribution of my plugins (this fact is not advertised well). The software I publish is usually licensed under the GPL, which ensures the freedom of redistribution (among other things).

Sure there are bad apples like Megalo, but that's no reason to prevent the average Joe from sharing with his friends.

My two cents on the matter.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again!
I've been using this plugin for quite some time now, and I'm really enjoying it! However, there are a few features I would like to suggest:

1. The ability to link the start of one path to the end of another permanently. Such that the paths stay connected even when moved. I know you can create a path linked to the previous path, but as soon as you move the end of the previous path or the start of the current path, they are once again disconnected and (if grid snapping is off) impossible to reconnect.
2. The ability to insert points in the middle of a path, rather than only at the end. Clicking on a point in the path would select that point, then right-clicking would insert a new point between the selected one and the next one.

3. The ability to "split" a path two paths, by cutting along a line in the path. I know that this is already possible simply by cloning the path and deleting the unwanted halves, so I'm not too worried about this being added. The other two, however, I would very much like to see implemented in your tool.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you'll consider these features :)

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your plugin,I'm a Chinese,my English is not very good,I need Translation and Localization Chinese translation, Would you please translate it into Chinese for me? I use Google translation, do not know if you can see what I mean.

• Ego Eram Reputo unpinned and locked this topic

Locked due to an updated version being published. Find it here