BoltBait

BoltBait's Plugin Pack for PdN v4.0.6+ Updated Feb 15, 2017

95 posts in this topic

Take a screenshot of the contents of your Effects folder and upload it to an image hosting site. Post the link here.

https://tompsphotogallery.shutterfly.com/pictures/10

I added the stuff below Staging (since they contained files) to the File Types menu.  (I have been deleting the individual applications - that were not Files -- from the File Types menu... but am not finished.)  Any help would be highly appreciated.  My Paint.net 4.0.6 is still showing only the basics.  ?   

Thanks much,

Tom

Your effects folder is such a mess, you need to start over. Here's what you need to do:

1) Go to your c:\program files\paint.net\effects directory and DELETE EVERYTHING in there! (Yes, even the folders.)

Ctrl-A, Delete.

2) Go here and follow the instructions: http://boltbait.com/pdn/InstallingEffects.asp

CAREFULLY follow each step. Skip nothing.

3) Report back.

Yup. You have much in there that shouldn't be there.

The first six folders for example. I'd try deleting them - then if that didn't fix it I'd follow BoltBait's suggestion.

Thank you, BoltBait... your suggestions worked!  I am now one happy camper!  :)  Sorry for not posting about this sooner, but I had to go to the hospital today to get steroid shots in my neck; I'm getting older and have issues from all the years of daily physical lifting of all the multiply handicapped adults that I used to have as students.  I'm retired now... but (other than some arthritis trouble) am doing OK.   (I sent a donation via PayPal.) 

Thanks much, again!  I'm very appreciative of the pack!  (I especially like Combined Adjustments, Dream, and Hue & Saturation +, among others.)   :)

Best,

Tom 

Thanks for the donation.

I'm glad you got everything working. :)

I just updated my plugin pack to version 4.3.

Updates

Several effects that used floating point sliders and [+] controls updated for 3 decimal places of precision.

Added Seam Carving (content aware resizing) plugin.

Hi.

FWIW, I just downloaded and when I unzip, 3 of the .dll's trigger an "unsafe dll" error from Norton and it deletes them:

objecttools.dll

hsvgradients.dll

removedust.dll

That causes the .bat file install to fail, so I just moved the ones I want into EFFECTS manually and so far the ones I have tried are working.  I am on Windows 10 that was upgraded in place from 8.1; it has some changes in UAC and of course an upgraded Norton, that may be why.

The missing ones were not the plugins I was looking to use right away so this is not a problem for me;

no need for a reply, I just thought you might like a heads up. 

Awesome plugins, thanks for all the work!  Paypal on the way...

3 of the .dll's trigger an "unsafe dll" error from Norton

As you are no doubt learning, Norton's is just about the worst of all the anti-virus software solutions out there.

Awesome plugins, thanks for all the work!  Paypal on the way...

Thank you so much!

I would like some advice on using the drop shadow. Basically, I'm having two problems with it. Achieving a longer shadow and more importantly, figuring out how to get the shadows to change angle properly when they hit an incline. Like say a shadow trailing in the ground suddenly hitting a wall and heading straight up. When I try to grab and twist the shadow directly I end up with way too much shadow. And doing it little pieces at a time leave the shadow looking clunky. Thanks.

Humility, I do not think that DropShadow can do what you need. There is another type of Shadow effect that perhaps could give you some help but the shadow it projects can not change direction when it hits a wall. You may need to draw that type of shadow manually. 

Edited by Eli

It's not downloading for me, it keeps on saying "FAIL!"

Is this plugin pack compatible with Windows 10 (Pro)?

It's not downloading for me, it keeps on saying "FAIL!"

It has downloaded fine for me just now. Try clearing your cache and trying again.

Is this plugin pack compatible with Windows 10 (Pro)?

Yes.

Very nice pack!  Thanks for everything you do.  One minor suggestion for the install batch file, add the following before copying the palette file:

if not exist "%DOC_DIR%\paint.net User Files\Palettes\" (mkdir "%DOC_DIR%\paint.net User Files\Palettes\")

I must have deleted that folder at one point, so it was failing.  Quick fix.

Great work!

That will only work on English, btw.

Translations include that folder's name.

If only paint.net would store that path in the registry...

That will only work on English, btw.

Translations include that folder's name.

That may be true, but the script is already using a static string for the palettes folder so it's not any worse.

Hi guys. I am trying to feather the white edge but I am not sure I am doing it correctly. Ideally that white rough edge should not be there at all but it's only after dropping shadow that I noticed it. See attachment.

Thanks

post-139141-0-85138500-1469020018_thumb.

Edited by TechnicGeek

I have just updated my plugin pack.

New:

I have written a proper installer. This means, no more copying dll files to the paint.net folder... let the installer do it for you.

Oil Painting+, a NEW EFFECT! It makes your photographs look like they've been painted. I think the results are better than the built-in oil painting effect.

45 Custom Shapes. I have combined my shape pack with my plugin pack. Now, get everything in one place.

Please note, if you've previously downloaded my shape pack, delete it from the paint.net shapes directory before running this installer. I have changed the filenames of all of my shapes. Sorry for that, but this makes it much better going forward.

Here's a screenshot of the installer:

InstallerUI.png

Enjoy! :beer:

Please let me know what you think of the new installer. User toe_head2001 is also using this new installer with his plugin pack. Be sure to check it out here: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/109944-t

InstallerUI.png

On 28.7.2016 at 6:21 AM, BoltBait said:

I have just updated my plugin pack.

Sir!
Which plugins I have to delete? From you?

1 hour ago, Seerose said:

Which plugins I have to delete? From you?

No need to delete any of my plugins.

If you want to install my Shapes, you may want to delete any of my shapes that you have installed before installing this pack as the names of my shapes have changed.  No harm will happen if you don't except you'll have duplicates in your shape menu.