How to Install Plugins ×

RawLoader

rpetrich

I haven't seen this user since my birthday, when he posted this plugin. :-) So, I wouldn't hold my breath.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

• 3 weeks later...

I was excited to find a RAW loader today as I've wanted to start experimenting with RAW files and HDR imaging.

I installed the loader and my raw files show up in the open dialog menu but when i try to open I get " There was an unspecified error while loading the file".

The file is a CR2 extension from a CANON EOS camera.

Is it something I did wrong?

Any help would be appreciated.

Jean-Pierre LeClair

http://www.AgentZ.com

Jean-Pierre "PETE" LeClair

http://www.flickr.com/photos/agentz92505/

• 2 months later...

I like the idea of the plugin but I'm seeing an issue. The plugin must have some built in adjustments (unless the 8 bit conversion is causing this) but the colour of the image, when it opens in PN, is really flat and the contrast drops quite a bit. Is there a way to adjust the plugin or is it a glitch in the software? I used it a few times an liked it, but have gone back to using Pentax Photo lab to set WB and then saving the file as a TIFF, then using PN to finish the touch-ups.

• 2 months later...

Trying to compile the source code on the first topic returns an error that the FyleType used is now obsolete, so I could not add the Pentax .pef extension myself.

Could you please update the plugin or post the latest working code?

Thanks in advance

PS

Renaming the pef file to dng worls but it is still wierd.

• 8 months later...

I also seem to be having a problem with this plugin. I downloaded and ran it, and then when I try to open a .nef raw file I get a 'photo' that is mostly black with a random colored dots. I'm thinking it may be the command line thing because it asks for some command line input but I have none to give, so I skip it.

Any help or tutorial would be appreciated!

Thanks,

1poorguy

• 2 months later...
Edit RawLoader.dll.config to customize your DCRaw arguments
Is it possible to get a nice option window when opening the file to directly change the arguments in GUI (would be very useful if arguments have to be changed often).

• 3 months later...

rpetrich, exactly where do i go to download "rawloader"? Your download links are confusing (especially the first link.). The first link sends me to a web page totally unrelated to the plugin; the second link has many other links on it, so where do I go from there.

1.gif

I believe bliss and terror are based on a person's perspective.

First post in this thread is clearly labeled Download under that is a link: Plugin-only. What could possibly be clearer than that? :roll:

Having said that, the link is broken and the author hasn't been around since Jan 2008, so I wouldn't hold your breath.

There are other RAW loader plugins - use those.