How to Install Plugins ×

RAW FileType (2024-04-10)

null54

6 hours ago, wtgrach said:

My files are CR3 and it doesnt work?

LibRaw may not support all camera models, the officially supported cameras are listed at: https://www.libraw.org/supported-cameras

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

• 7 months later...

Hey! I use windows 11, and I started shooting my photos in raw so I downloaded this plugin. I hadn't realized that windows 11 has an auto enhance feature for photos that can't be disabled and it only does it to raw photos. Well, I noticed when I open my photos into paint.net with this plugin the auto enhance affects my images. Is there any way to make it so the auto enhance doesn't happen when i open my CR2 files into paint? And if not that is cool too! Thanks!

1 hour ago, Prim said:

Is there any way to make it so the auto enhance doesn't happen when i open my CR2 files into paint?

The options for this plugin are configured in RawFileTypeOptions.txt. The only default option I can think of that may cause an auto-enhance effect is the camera white balance option (-w), but I could be wrong about that.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

39 minutes ago, null54 said:

The only default option I can think of that may cause an auto-enhance effect is the camera white balance option (-w), but I could be wrong about that.

Auto enhance is a microsoft thing that was added to photos with windows 11. 
heres some gifs that show what I mean.
https://gyazo.com/9610250b09453c7404805b5f635fa23c
Opening in Photos
https://gyazo.com/3c8ac9f52b32b1418d37e87b412e1963
Opening in Paint
both use the auto enhance thing that microsoft added. 
It blows out the photos and tries to make photos taken in the evening look like mid day. 
I am unsure what to change to fix that, if there even is anything I can change.

Edited by Prim

1 hour ago, Prim said:

I am unsure what to change to fix that, if there even is anything I can change.

This plugin does not use any Microsoft code. As I mentioned in my previous post you can try changing the plugin's import settings in RawFileTypeOptions.txt. I would try removing the -w option and see if that makes a difference.

It also could just be a difference with how the camera rendered the thumbnail image from the raw data, many raw image formats include a thumbnail image that Windows Explorer can use for its thumbnail views.

This prevents Windows from having to decode the raw image to display those thumbnails.

PdnSig.png

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Haoto said:

I'm on version 4.3.12

Sorry but no support can be given here for old versions of paint.net (or the plugins). Please read the Forum Rules. Note rule #7.

You will need to upgrade to the latest version of paint.net.

UPDATE:
I see you asked a similar question about old versions of plugins a few months ago: https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/7216-camera-lens-distortion-correction/?do=findComment&comment=611922. The answers you were given then still apply.

@Tactilis I downloaded the latest version but this plugin still doesn't work. I can't open cr2 files despite it stating that it supports the Canon SL2.

I opted to try installing the older versions for this reason.

Edited by Haoto
Forgot comment.

1 hour ago, Haoto said:

I downloaded the latest version but this plugin still doesn't work. I can't open cr2 files despite it stating that it supports the Canon SL2.

Let's focus on this version instead of trying to go backwards.

Exactly what happens when you try to open a CR2 file?

Are there any diagnostics/error messages? If so please paste them here.

Also, can you zip your CR2 file, upload it to any file sharing site and provide a link.

• 1 month later...

I googled how to open cr2 files in paint.net and came here. The files are extracted into the FileTypes folder. When trying to open a cr2 file it says "This plugin is not compatible with this version of paint.net." My version of paint.net is 5.0.13. What am I doing wrong?

3 hours ago, JackHalland said:

What am I doing wrong?

It sounds like you may be using an older version of the plugin. Version 1.3.5 is working with Paint.NET 5.0.13.

PdnSig.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • null54 changed the title to RAW FileType (2024-04-10)
10 hours ago, Gregory said:

Hello. Could you please update this plugin with the current LibRaw snapshot?

Done.

Release version 1.3.6, which updates LibRaw to the 202403 snapshot.

• Upvote 1

PdnSig.png