Ishi's not-so-fancy PDN Gallery (Updated January 23, 2017)

Ishi

Well thanks Pixey.

Its the colors isn't it?

Yeah I put a great deal of love into my more recent works. When there the inspiration and the demand to do them is when I get hyped to come up with these ideas. Love isn't always a hippy thing. Its also a happiness thing that can drive someone do more than they could normally do.

Its an honor that I got the attention of you PDN pros at least.

I experimented with different styles too and hopefully, more before this year ends..

• 2 months later...

So here is my new PDN masterpiece for this fall.

I have somehow succeeded on my attempt with complex textures and shadows. Its actually my entry for this week's SOTW.

I was impressed by the result of my work with those maple leaves.

Everything in it is PDN 100%. Its a still life entitled "Autumn Bounty". Enjoy.

Autumn.jpg

Edited by Ishi
  • Upvote 2

Well thanks barbieq and Helen.

@Helen I think the leaves were the most realistic leaves I have ever textured and rendered on PDN. They have one master leaf that was copied on different parts of the picture and on different layers, then resized, distorted and recolorized to make many of them different from one another. Clouds and Frosted Glass effects have done so much for them.

• Upvote 1

A very nice autumn pic, Ishi! I like the texture of the blueberries, makes me think of the countless I picked this summer :)

Thanks Limon. The blueberries had Clouds with white/gray colors rendered to make that seemingly realistic texture.

Thanks Maximilian.

I'm just not a technician with the complex stuff using plugins with calculated values and other tricky stuff. I'm not trained on the technical stuff.

But at least, people like you have generously called me an artist. That means so much to me.

• Upvote 1

I have made my latest addition to my spacescapes. Its my first attempt on creating a nebula that I can remember. Mind and memory getting sloppy a little bit at present, did this one on some sort of a rush job with experimental techniques. 

The tutorial that I found HERE was too complex and I'm too lazy to go through that so I made my own procedure. Its not spectacular but again it was a rush job. Hope you like it.

Nebula.jpg

• Upvote 1

It was my first attempt with a nebula and I wish I could have given it more detail and more sharpness with those stars and gas clouds. It lacked something in my view.

I do not think it was spectacular but thanks for the support Seerose.

So here's my newest addition to my collection. It looked like an oil painting. I was gonna use it for something else but too lazy to add more.

Its also my first attempt on this kind of artwork on Paint.NET, its not perfect and yes, like all my other artworks posted here, its 100% PDN.

Its a dark theme. Sorry if it causes unease for some people around here. Despite that, I hope you'll still like it.

Painting.jpg

• Upvote 5

Yes, that's true Helen. Its not a photo-manipulation.

The buildings were all PDN as well. Everything here is PDN. I intend everything to be PDN to maximize the authenticity. All I have to do was draw one column of windows and somehow, duplicate them and tile them side by side, thus I got many identical windows, forming one building. The cylindrical part of the building was rendered by the Shape3D plugin. The ground was a rough Cloud rendering whose layer was flipped and sharpened. The sky and the smoke comprise of several layers of Clouds, Clouds Effects, gradients and Frosted glass effects.

I did say I was working on some clouds and smoke so here it is. I intended it for SOTW but too lazy to create the machine things so I made this into a painting instead.  :lol:

• Upvote 1

Well thanks again Helen, Red Ochre and Seerose.

@Helen. Much of it was an unplanned result.  ;)

@Seerose, its not photo manipulation at all.  :P Everything was drawn and rendered through PDN and wasn't taken from anywhere else, except the idea and style reference though.

I was hoping it would be the first of its kind of PDN artwork to be posted anywhere or at least on this forum.

Edited by Ishi
  • Upvote 1