Ishi's not-so-fancy PDN Gallery (Updated January 23, 2017)

Ishi

On 10/19/2016 at 5:55 AM, Ishi said:

I was asked to design a logo for an inn. I made 3 major designs all 100% PDN. Any ideas for a 4th design? Preferably gold or yellow in theme color. Thanks.

Hello Ishi,

I have a question : Did the client give you photos of the Inn? I ask this because I think that your logo should reflect aspects such as location, look, services, etc... of this Inn. In the examples you provide, each reflects something different. On the first one, the palm tree makes me think that the Inn is located on an island. The second one makes me think that it is in the middle of a large city. And the third one that it is located in Saudi Arabia. One more thing, You need to carefully choose the right font. Do not use more than two different fonts as it is not easy to read. :)

• Upvote 1

If your client wants gold or yellow in it, why don't you take the first one and apply Pixie's Gold Encased Bottle tut to the Paseo Inn part and leave Grande like it is. I recommend giving your client a choice between gold or chrome letters.

Edited by Woodsy
  • Upvote 1

Seeing that both the first and third designs feature what I think are palm trees, I assume that perhaps the inn is located on the seaside or near a beach. If so, the inn's background scenery may be painted with a golden coloring. For example, you can try painting the beach background at sunset, a time of day when beach sceneries tend to become golden or dark yellowish.

Other than that, all three designs are very pleasant to look at in my humble opinion, each in its own way appl.gif

• Like 1

Its beside a city highway that has palm planted next to it. :P LOL I appreciate your interesting suggestions and observations.

The guy like like the font of my third design and he just want the "Paceo" text italicized and the background to be gold or yellow to suit the theme color of the inn. He drove a car with me and showed me the place. I took some pictures and I'm gonna fit some of it to a flier that now will show the final logo design as well.

I'll convince him to put the logo outside the inn so my art makes it to the side of a highway LOL.

• 2 weeks later...

New designs for the logo. The client wants something else, preferably something with a logo object I suppose. I'm short of ideas.

Inn%20Logo%208%20A.jpg    

Inn%20Logo%209A.jpg

Edited by Ishi

Ishi, fantastic! Your designs for your client made me want to crank up some Jimmy Buffett.  I also really like your "diary" piece.

Oh, bonus points for the avatar. :)

1496930299_DraconicSig.png.8e49d04e5ce393bdcdf9f0dfb54bf1c8.png

Thank you Maximilian. Few minutes after I started, I was starting to feel it may not work but pulled through it with rather more experimentation of how to texturize and distort the wallnut than with technique which I unfortunately lack. I do have a self-invented/discovered technique for making shadows though.

The plugins, Cloud, Shape3D, Levels, Vibrance, Liquify, Smudge, Sharpen and Grain,did it for me. Luckily, "still life" is an art form I used to sketch way back in highschool.

• Upvote 2

Thanks Pixey. I guess my first attempt on that gave me a sense of accomplishment today at least. Lost the steady Internet connection here at home so I haven't been participating as much as I should be doing artistically. I had long periods of idleness before. Some PDN plans never made it to the PDN canvass.

Wallnuts don't grow in our place. I was lucky enough to get me some from a box of gifts sent to my grandma, maybe 11-13 years ago. I do have preference for peanuts (locally available), cashews and almonds whenever I feel cutting the calorie drive from potato chips and other fried chips which I would hopefully resist for most of the week.

The Object of the Fortnight challenge is a new one and a good test of versatility for us too. But I feel there's more fun if backgrounds are allowed so that a composition of items could be made but leave that for another artwork.

Cheers.

Dear @Ishi !  <3

:trophy: I would love to know how you did this. Very well done. Thank you so much.  :cake:  :coffee:

• Upvote 1

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

This is my succeeding attempt with the wallnut which is basically one of the 3 wallnuts on the first image that I tried to enhance though I must say, its now starting to resemble our local cacao pod.

Wallnut%20Models%202b.jpg

• Upvote 4

I should say that I "cracked" the shape so its a nut joke lol :P

Yes, I too am more contented with the color of this one than of my first submission.

But I'm still not that greatly impressed because to me, it also resembles a distorted coffee bean, a nutmeg or a cacao pod.

• 11 months later...

My gallery is two days short of not being updated for a whole year. I'm too lazy to re-host my previous uploads into another file hosting service. We all know Photobucket really blew it.

But here's a new upload. As always, this is 100% PDN. Its the second one of its kind among my works. The first one was about the caramel macchiato thing. I want this to go like a series. My focus is not on the design but on the story. I'm too lazy to come up with a time intensive work. I just want to share this true story of mine that happened just yesterday.

33z2uch.jpg

• Like 3

Very deep @Ishi :).  Nice rendition on the virtual paper though :D.  However, what I got from this .... is:  that marble is not lazy ..... it sure keeps moving ;)

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Thank you Pixey.

Only now have I found a new situation that I could link to a bigger concept using this tactic of symbolism. That's why these stories are so rare. The last one being July of 2016 maybe. I remember you mentioning it being a "Tableau".

If I spend more time being out there and looking at these simple things that could happen any day, maybe I'd quickly gain an inspiration for a third chapter.