Paste into new image

It would be fine if this command would respect the dpi value of the image on the clipboard and set it to the new image (in the moment it is set to 96dpi by default).

This makes sense especially if the clipboard image is in png format.

midoras signature.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Could I second this request please. Can't say how often I've completed a batch of work only to find it's all the wrong size/dpi. (yes I should be capable of remembering to change it by now, assume its an age thing!)

If it isn't possible could there be an option to set the default? If I could set it at the beginning of the session to the dpi I intend working in that would be grand.

• Upvote 1

If it isn't possible could there be an option to set the default? If I could set it at the beginning of the session to the dpi I intend working in that would be grand.

& default canvas size too? :) ... could be very useful.

(I'm currently using the work-around of a read only blank image at the size & d.p.i I need but setting a default would be great, if possible).

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

"I'm currently using the work-around of a read only blank image at the size & d.p.i I need but setting a default would be great, if possible"

I do that too when starting a new image... it's the copying a selection and pasting as a new image which always trips me up. Before I know it I've saved it, sent it out and then start getting the emails..."Whys this in 96 dpi"  "Why isn't it the size size as last weeks" etc etc..... If I could set the whole program to work in 150 dpi or 300 dpi whatever I'm working in that day it would certainly save me a lot of hassle.