I deleted my paint.net before installing the new one. I done broke it.

*sigh* I'm an idiot who broke my paint.net -_- I deleted my paint.net files before installing the 4.0.5 version and now when I try and install the new one I get the "there was a fatal error during installation (1603)" and, idk what to do... ;-;

Removing a program by deleting files is just bad.  You've learned this - so I'm not going to rub it in :D 

Later versions of paint.net automatically remove previous versions - so you don't have to remove the old one.   Simply install the new one and the old version will be taken care of.

Ok.  Your problem is that you have an incomplete removal.  Bits and pieces are hanging around your system and fouling the new install.

Go to this thread: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/692-install-update-or-uninstall-trouble-read-this/

Read post #2.  It details how to use a VERY POWERFUL tool to complete the removal of the old version.  Once you've done that you'll be free to install the new version.

Please let us know how you get on. Good luck!

This is just an FYI about the link in Post #1 on http://forums.getpai...uble-read-this/  the link is broken and the thread is locked, so I couldn't report it on the thread.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

I ended up fixing this earlier today lol. I just downloaded the new version on a different computer and copied the files from there. I didn't even mean to delete the files in the first place either though. *~*