My (very hard worked) PDN, is not opening because of errors of some sort

hello there as the tile states, i have a problem,

my custom metal slug character sprite sheet has refused to open on paint.net, it has an error every time: :(

"

System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Attempted to read past the end of the stream.

at PaintDotNet.Document.FromStream(Stream stream) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Data\Document.cs:line 1350

at PaintDotNet.FileType.Load(Stream input) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 477

at PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Eval[T1,TRet](Func`2 f, T1 arg1) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Base\Functional\Func.cs:line 158

"

This problem occurred when my computer had crashed into a blue screen :cry:  while editing one of my other pdn, the one i was editing survived(somewhat), however this one gained some sort of curruption, and I was wondering if there was a way to fix it?

if anybody knows a way or can fix it ,it would be greatly apprieciated :D ,

however if it is un-fixable i thank you for reading this post, and would like you to inform me, so i may start over, and hopefully finish it :) .

the file could not be attached below :/

not sure how this is supposed to help :/ , but thanks for the contribution :D

I know that it is a PDN already, I made it in paint.net, but this plugin says it could not identify, the file :/

Edited by pie75

If the tools tells you that the basic operation of identifying the file does not work then you can expect that the structure of the file is damaged in a way that there is little chance to restore any part. Because most parts of the file are compressed and without any structure information you can not decompress anything. Sorry.

midoras signature.gif

Can you zip the file and attach it? Someone might be able to restore some of it. Wouldn't hurt to try.

Have you tried right clicking on the file + Restore Previous Version?

Your PDN file is corrupt and cannot be saved. Sorry ... blue screens can do that :-\

Make sure that whatever disk or drive you're saving your files to is using the NTFS file system, and not FAT or FAT32. The latter two do not permit Paint.NET to use something called transactions, which almost completely prevent this problem (if it happens while saving, that is). I'm assuming you're using a recent version of Paint.NET (like 4.0.5), by the way. Some old-but-still-in-wide-use versions (3.5.something) don't support the transactions stuff and you should avoid them.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg