Problem Opening a .DDS File

dreamwaver

Hello im have having problems opening this .DDS File in paint.net version 4.0.5 i get this error message and would like some help please

System.FormatException: File does not appear to be a DDS image

at PaintDotNet.Data.Dds.DdsFile.Load(Stream input) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Data\Dds\DdsFile.cs:line 472

at PaintDotNet.Data.Dds.DdsFileType.OnLoad(Stream input) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Data\Dds\DdsFileType.cs:line 227

at PaintDotNet.FileType.Load(Stream input) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 477

at PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Eval[T1,TRet](Func`2 f, T1 arg1) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Base\Functional\Func.cs:line 158

Thanks

Hello null54 is there any way of finding out what the other format is of this file please or what the header is or what program  i need to open this please many thanks 

Edited by dreamwaver

Hi dreamwaver, I'm sure that already some people had a look to the file. But it does not have a signature of a well-known image or archive format.

Most of file data is zero which would be quite unusual for an image file. So the file may be corrupted or using an unknown raw format.

midoras signature.gif