not enough memory to paste from clipboard

MasterGAM

Hey guys. I have only been using paint.net for a few days, but it suddenly gave me this error message 

"not enough memory to paste from the clipboard" and then under details it said

System.OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory.

at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement)

at PaintDotNet.ClipboardUtil.GetClipboardImageAsSurface(IWin32Window currentWindow, IPdnDataObject clipData) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\ClipboardUtil.cs:line 534

at PaintDotNet.ClipboardUtil.GetClipboardImageImpl(IWin32Window currentWindow, IPdnDataObject clipData) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\ClipboardUtil.cs:line 215

at PaintDotNet.ClipboardUtil.GetClipboardImage(IWin32Window currentWindow, IPdnDataObject clipData) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\ClipboardUtil.cs:line 164

at PaintDotNet.Actions.PasteAction.PerformActionImpl() in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Actions\PasteAction.cs:line 110

now I tried simple solutions like uninstalling & reinstalling the program, im using the latest version, i tried to use the paint.net repiar tool. 
I restarted my computer. I'm very lost and am not sure what to do/try next. Im using a NE 522 series Gateway laptop and am using windows 8. the program was working fine until a few hours ago. it woukld let me cut and paste as big of pictures and files I wanted. If there is a way to empty the memory or fix this problem please let me know. thank you!

Its telling you that there isn't enough spare memory to complete the paste operation.

This can be an indication that you have a corrupt memory module, or that you simply had too much other stuff going on simultaneously.

Try closing all other background applications to free up memory.

Multiple images, especially very large ones with many layers, will also eat up memory. Again, close as many as you can.

If this problem persists, please post the contents of the Settings > Diagnostics tab from paint.net so we can see your system specs. Number of images, size and number of layers will also be useful information.