Animated Images

midora

Hello @Phrenomythic and Welcome :)

Until someone else logs on who can read your crash log (I'm not too good at it :greengrin:) I do notice that you have a Plugin called 'olden' in there, which has caused trouble before.  You may want to remove it and see if that makes a difference.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 6 months later...

Could really use some help I have a image that's transparent on one side and opaque on the other same layer tho. but

Hi I have an image that has a gradient effect on the transparency its sold on one end and kind of see through on the other. I is there anyway I can keep that effect and have the background transparent? As of right now when i try to turn it into a gif it makes the image look opaque all the way through.

If I am not in error; GIF files are 8 bit and can only contain a maximum of 256 colors. Also it can contain only 64 intensities of a single color. Your gradient, as a true color PNG, may contain several hundred intensities of that color has to be consolidated into groupings that cannot be greater than 64. That is why you will get the opaque groupings.

Edited by HyReZ

• 3 months later...

Hopefully @midora will see this and fix the problem :)

AGIF-error.png

Crash Log:

Application version: paint.net 4.1.7 (α 4.107.7079.30132)

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Int32 PaintDotNet.Data.Quantize.PaletteTable.FindClosestPaletteIndex(System.Drawing.Color)'.
   at PropertyBasedFileTypes.ImAgifFileType.OnSaveT(Document input, Stream output, PropertyBasedSaveConfigToken token, Surface scratchSurface, ProgressEventHandler progressCallback)
   at PaintDotNet.FileType.Save(Document input, Stream output, SaveConfigToken token, Surface scratchSurface, ProgressEventHandler callback, Boolean rememberToken) in D:\src\pdn\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 353
   at PaintDotNet.Dialogs.SaveConfigDialog.<>c__DisplayClass48_0.<UpdatePreviewAsync>b__0() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Dialogs\SaveConfigDialog.cs:line 604
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at PaintDotNet.Dialogs.SaveConfigDialog.<UpdatePreviewAsync>d__48.MoveNext() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Dialogs\SaveConfigDialog.cs:line 623

Note to @midora Please read @Rick Brewster's comment here.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 2 months later...

Is it possible to add multiple kinds of layers to a single frame without using // UseBackground or // UseForeground? If not, i suggest maybe a // layer or // sameframe to make the layer act like a layer rather than a new frame in the gif. Something like this, but imagine a few more layers per frame with differing blend settings for each one.

8atOBl8.png

• Like 1

Hi. I'm not sure if this is a known issue, but the plugin doesn't seem to be loading stuff correctly. I've tried with a few animated gifs, and they all open as a still image on a single layer. The file association appears in the file open dialog, but selecting it still doesn't load it correctly. I'm using paint.net x64 4.2.5 and imagif 0.13. I put the dll and dlc in the filetypes folder like the readme said, so I guess it's installed correctly? Trying to save as an animated gif pops up the special save dialog, and creating and saving an animated gif from scratch seems to work fine. Has anyone experienced this?

If you are opening a GIF that is animated to edit or view it contents; you must rename the file extension from .gif to .agif to reveal its layers.

There is a 'Read me" file in the "ImAGIF.FileType v0.13.zip" folder that explains its features and how to use it correctly.

Edited by HyReZ
  • Like 1

Probably the easiest way is to make the final frame/image the same as the first. That's what I do unless I'm really careful to make the animation seamless between the first and last frames.

I deleted the last frame and the animation jumps from 350 degrees to 10 degrees and it still flickers.  I tried deleting the first frame instead and although it is not obvious that the animation is starting at ten degrees instead of zero, the animation still flickers when it reaches 360 degrees.  :sad:

I figured it out.  The blinking is caused by the white background layer that is automatically created by Paint.NET for new images.  I forgot to delete it when making the animated GIF.  When viewing the image in Google Chrome, the image appears on a black background so it was really easy to see the white rectangle flash.  After I deleted the white layer, the flicker was gone.  Also, BoltBait was right about the first and last frame should not be the same or else there will be a visible delay in the animation.  

• 9 months later...
1 minute ago, LoudSilence said:

@DoubleDI can't tell because you didn't tell us how you installed it. Can you tell us the steps you took while installing it? Did you follow the instructions in "Read me!"

I save the zip file to  my Plug-Ins directory, opened it and copied ImAPNG.FileType.dlc   ImAPNG.FileType.dll   ImAPNG.libpng-x64.dll and ImAPNG.libpng-x86.dll to the C:\Program Files\paint.net\FileTypes directory

Also is the a list of all the // directives

@DoubleD, did you do something wrong?  Yes, I don't think you read the plugin's description correctly. 😀

On 3/12/2015 at 11:54 AM, midora said:

PNG Animation Creator FileType plugin:  6.4.2015:  ImAPNG.FileType v0.3.zip (load only)

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

24 minutes ago, toe_head2001 said:

@DoubleD, did you do something wrong?  Yes, I don't think you read the plugin's description correctly. 😀

So I can only open animated PNG files, not save them. Thank you I di see load only but I wasn't sure what that meant

Edited by DoubleD