How to Install Plugins ×

Radius Corners v1.6 (July 8, 2018)

toe_head2001

@toe_head2001! Afterwards, with the AA Assistant, Then it looks like? 

grar9izk.png

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Thanks for the effort to keep these old gadgets alive.

But now we like to ge anti-aliasing  for this tool ;-)

If someone pointed me to a free code example for anti-aliasing, I be more than happy to add it. What can I say, all my coding expirience is in web development, and I just started working with C# and paint.net effects for the first time this week.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Thanks for your hard work toe_head! :beer:
Impressive C# skills.

I have my own eccentric way of coding effects and you will get better advice from others. That said, I would suggest:
1. Use the selection size and radius to calculate 4 circle centre PointF co-ordinates.
2. Use the 'G.D.I.+' to create 4 Graphics Paths and fill them with transparent white, with the smoothing mode set to anti-alias.
3. Make sure any graphics objects created are within a 'using' statement or Disposed correctly.

My 'Facet' plugin uses paths herehttp://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/30133-gdi-randoms-problems/
(It's not the finished code but just needed the paths outlined and the randoms to use another variable.)

Or for a low tech approach to anti-aliasing my 'Squirkle' code may (or may not   ;) ) help.http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/23194-squirkle/

Good luck!

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

beeea97c622c5614a80371eb0aece7082a3ff1b5

After trying a few different approaches (and failing), I was able come up with a method for doing Anti-aliasing! Take a look at the comparison images below. See first post for complete changelog and downloads.

No anti-aliasing

after-old.png

No anti-aliasing + AA's Assistant

after-aaa.png

Built-in Anti-aliasing

after-new.png

Edited by toe_head2001
Fixed broken images
  • Upvote 2

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png

Thank you so much for the effort and plugin. ijpyz4dh.gif

u568tagg.png

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

• 8 months later...

Version 1.4 posted. The values for the Radius slider in this plugin have always been set dynamically based on the dimensions of the canvas, but now it will recognize selection dimensions.

bp-sig.png

Version 1.4 posted. The values for the Radius slider in this plugin have always been set dynamically based on the dimensions of the canvas, but now it will recognize selection dimensions.

raacsjxw.gif for the new version.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

• 1 month later...

Any chance for making this built-in antialias as a standalone effect ?

Sorry, the anti-aliasing in this effect is very low tech, and will only work in this scenario. 

... I'm looking for something like the basic anti-alias plugin by pyjo but with customizable values ...

Which values do want to customize? The alpha values? The add/subtract distances?

Maybe post the specifics in the forum Topic for Basic Anti-aliasing plugin.

bp-sig.png

Sorry, the anti-aliasing in this effect is very low tech, and will only work in this scenario.

Maybe, but this kind of what you call low tech effect is in fact what produces the most satisfying result in several contexts. Basic antialias is a great example of the simpler the better, as it provides clear cutedges where other similar plugins add blur, thus resulting in an uncomfortable squinty feel.

Which values do want to customize? The alpha values? The add/subtract distances?

Maybe post the specifics in the forum Topic for Basic Anti-aliasing plugin.

I think it's useless to ask to Pyjo himself because he didn't show any activity since 2 years. I'm not a devlopper at all so I'm not familiar with technical terms, but settings like radius and strength are sufficient. I'm sure there is a way of performing the same effect of the « scenario » you talked about in a simple plugin. The question is, does somebody will ever make it ?

If you have some advices on antialiasing methods, I'm listening.

Comparison : normal / magnified

nsijFRu.jpgod2Xb1r.jpg

Edited by Ilko

Maybe, but this kind of what you call low tech effect is in fact what produces the most satisfying result in several contexts...

For the method that this plugin is using, what other context is there? None. The Basic Antialias plugin uses a much more complex algorithm to achieve anti-aliasing.

I think it's useless to ask to Pyjo himself because he didn't show any activity since 2 years.

That doesn't matter. Pyjo provided the source code, therefore other people/developers have the freedom to modify it. Your best bet is to post there. I easily spotted the lines in his code that deal with the values of the Alpha Channel (what you're calling strength?). I would be willing to help, but you'd need to post over there, and define your idea of 'strength' and 'radius' (I think I understand what you mean, but I want to be sure).

I'm sure there is a way of performing the same effect of the « scenario » you talked about in a simple plugin.

You say you're not a developer, and yet you are sure it can be done. Hmm, arrogance and ignorance really do go hand in hand. You'll have to trust me that it will not work in other scenarios/contexts.

Please don't take that as an insult; it was not meant to be.

bp-sig.png

You say you're not a developer, and yet you are sure it can be done. Hmm, arrogance and ignorance really do go hand in hand. You'll have to trust me that it will not work in other scenarios/contexts.

Please don't take that as an insult; it was not meant to be.

It's okay. I've got some scripting skills, I know it's different from coding. I didn't say that it would be easy, but still, I've no doubt that it's doable for experimented devloppers. I'll post there and see what will happen.

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...

<3 Dear @ingwer

I have learned much from your tutorials and videos. Excellent and very helpful. :trophy: Thank you so much for your effort. 43115.gif

*( I'll be back tomorrow to give you a reputation.)

Edited by Seerose
  • Upvote 1

Gandhi

mae3426x.png