Creating and animating bubbles.

racerx

This is my first tutorial here. I don't like typing, so I made a video tut instead. It's a little complicated and may not be for everyone...

Part-1 involves creating a bubble in Paint.NET. Part-2 involves animating the created bubble in Aviutl. Good luck trying to figure out my Boston accent...

Animated_Bubbles_tut.mp4 (37.8 MBs) 1280 x 720p

• Upvote 3

Plane_Sig2.gif

Thanks for that racerx!
I will have to download Aviutl and give it a go. Btw your accent is perfectly clear and the tutorial is well explained.
The export Mp4 U.I. looks a bit intimidating - I'll deal with that when I get there. ;)

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Well thank you for doing this @Racer (or is it The Sportrax) ?  I found your tutorial on YouTube :D .

However, I am sunk altogether after I download the Aviutl and open it, it does not look anything like the UI you show in this tutorial.

Here is what I see and it scares me to death ........ as I don't know where to start next!

YQsDQxQm.png

Edited by Pixey

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

OK - I finally GOT it!  I didn't realise I had to download both the files - Japanese and then the other 2nd zipped file after which, add them all together into their own file folder. That's been a challenge my little grey cells for one day!    Tomorrow I play some more :D .

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Can you send a link straight to the actual download I need for Aviutl?I am not sure what to download.

http://www.videohelp.com/download/AviUtl_ExtraPack1-10%5BWin7%5DRelease.7z

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

It's important to know that Aviutl is a Japanese program. A very smart guy called MaverickTse translated it into English. It is a very powerful and efficient little program that I would call a poor man's After Effects. I've been using it just over a year now and made a bunch of tutorials. However most are very advanced and not suitable to novice video editors. I feel this animated bubble effect is simple enough for a novice to tackle.

I made a beginners tut that I would recommend to get familiar with how Aviutl works here:

And for more advanced use such as Track Masks and video playback speed ramps:

Download the direct link that toe_head2001 posted, unpack to somewhere on your HDD.

Go to the main folder and find the Aviutl.exe, then create a shortcut to it on your DeskTop.

Launch Aviutl via the shortcut.

Edited by racerx
  • Upvote 1

Plane_Sig2.gif

OK - now tearing out my hair :P .  I've gotten this far but, after clicking on OK for the new project, I cannot drag and drop into layer 1.  It does nothing.  I notice from your tutorial that the graduations in the top bar are in some kind of measurement .... whereas mine shows like a time-line.  Could this be the problem?  I can import my image into the viewing frame, but not into the layer.

lBrsbWSm.png

Edit:  I worked it out eventually by doing it the long way.  i.e. rt click in layer - new media object - image file.

I'll try to post it here but may have to change it to mp3.

Edited by Pixey

30b8T8B.gif

I am going to check this out when I get some time in between snow storms,lol.  Five feet out there so far and more coming.  Is it similar to Sony Vegas ?

Edited by skullbonz

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

Is it similar to Sony Vegas ?

No, other than both are multi-track video editors. I've been using Vegas for about 8 years now, It's a good video editor with little support for composing and special effects. Aviutl is a Composing and special effects editor with little support for video editing. Aviutl is much more versatile. It can in fact edit 4K HEVC directly, while Vegas or any commercial NLE has no chance..

If it makes it any easier, I'll upload the project files in a zip. Unpack and drag the "Bubbles_project.aup" file into your Aviutl shortcut or the main window. You can then see how it works and can play with the settings.

Bubbles_Project.zip (1 mb)

Plane_Sig2.gif

I finally managed to make something. Never could figure out how to drag and drop though. It was fun and I'll probably play some more with it down the road. Thank you for the tutorial. You sound like your are from Maine :lol: .

Edited by Pixey
  • Upvote 5

30b8T8B.gif