Sticky Note

toe_head2001

This tutorial is available as a PDF. Click here to view or download it

This is an alternative/replacement to the 'Post-It™ note' tutorial by @JonathanWiki. My tutorial uses a different process, and makes a less cartoon-like sticky note than his did.

sticky.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Use the Shape ( :RectangleTool:) tool to make a solid ( :ShapeDrawTypeInterior: ) black square measuring 200px by 200px

black-square.png

2) Add a new layer ( :LayersAddNewLayer:  )

3) Set the primary color to F3FF8E

4) Use the Shape (para.png) tool to make a solid ( :ShapeDrawTypeInterior: ) parallelogram measuring 20px by 200px

yellow-line.png

5) Use the Selection ( :RectangleSelectTool:) tool to split the parallelogram in two, and then use the Move ( :MoveTool:) tool to move each half to the edge of the black square

yellow-lines.png

6) Use the Shape ( :RectangleTool:) tool to make a solid ( :ShapeDrawTypeInterior: ) rectangle to fill in the space between the yellow halves

7) Delete the layer with the black square

yellow-filled.png

😎 Use the Selection ( :RectangleSelectTool:) tool to select the top 20px of the sticky note

20-selected.png

9) Delete the selection

20-deleted.png

10) Use the Shape ( :RectangleTool:) tool to make a solid ( :ShapeDrawTypeInterior: ) rectangle to recreate the top of the sticky note; 20px in height

20-replaced.png

Note: this was done to remove the diagonal lines where the glue on the sticky note would be.

11) Add a new layer ( :LayersAddNewLayer: )

12) Move this new layer under the other one

13) Set your primary color to black

14) Use the Shape ( :RectangleTool:) tool to make a solid ( :ShapeDrawTypeInterior: ) rectangle measuring 45px by 175px, and rotate it 10 degrees clockwise. Positioned as so...

shadow-rec.png

15) Use the Selection ( :RectangleSelectTool:) tool to create a selection rotated to -30 degrees clockwise. Positioned as so...

shadow-snip.png

16) Delete the selection

shadow-snipped.png

17) Use the Gaussian Blur ( :BlurEffect:) effect at a value of 10

gaussian.png

shadow-blur.png

18) Set the layer ( :LayersLayerProperties: ) opacity to 75

opacity75.png

shadow.png

19) Add a new layer ( :LayersAddNewLayer: )

20) Move this new layer to the top of the stack

21) Use the Text ( :TextTool: ) tool to add words

text.png

Done!

• Upvote 3

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Nice result! Thanks for posting this.

What's the font? It has a very appropriate handwritten look to it.

Thanks for sharing. Great work. This is a bit too complicated for me. I have not made it.  :pizza:   :mtdew:

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

What do you mean less cartoon like? They both look the same,lol.  Good job though.   ;)

A little hint for those trying this, use the wobble plugin with the Amount and Wobbles set real low to give it that curly look like most have. If you use this after merging the text onto the paper it will also bend the text to make it look more realistic.   ;)

Edited by skullbonz

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

What do you mean less cartoon like? They both look the same,lol.  Good job though.   ;)

The final result of the other tutorial has a light source that makes no sense to me.

A little hint for those trying this, use the wobble plugin with the Amount and Wobbles set real low to give it that curly look like most have. If you use this after merging the text onto the paper it will also bend the text to make it look more realistic.   ;)

Are you certain of that? Yes, I would agree that most sticky note graphics have a curly edge to them, but from looking at many actual photos of sticky notes, I would not agree that a curly edge is more realistic. In some cases, one of the two bottom corners may stick out from the wall slightly more than the other corner, but it's not curly.

Of course I've been wrong before, so please feel free to correct me.

Please don't take these statements as if I'm arguing with you; I'm just pointing out the observations that I made.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

toe_head2001

Well Done.       Simple, the way you present it. a9d6fd58.gif

Scooter

Age is only  a number --in my case a Really BIG number, but there you have it

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️