How to Install Plugins ×

Dr Scott's Markup Renderer

Ego Eram Reputo

Known MathJax rendering bug: Since the release of MathJax version 2.7.0 the browser presents a Script Error dialog (as reported above by Phota) when attempting to render MathJax equations.

Solution #1 (quick and dirty): click either Yes or No in the script error dialog and wait for up to 20 seconds. Your equation will be rendered just fine after the browser abandons its attempt to load a problematic JavaScript file.

Solution #2 (as suggested by one of the MathJax developers): downgrade to an earlier version of MathJax. The generic code I bundled with the plugin always accesses the latest version of MathJax. To instead load an earlier version add "2.6-" to the this line in your HTML code:

<script type='text/javascript' src='http://cdn.mathjax.org/mathjax/latest/MathJax.js?config=TeX-AMS-MML_HTMLorMML'></script>

It goes in after the slash and before the word "latest".....

<script type='text/javascript' src='http://cdn.mathjax.org/mathjax/2.6-latest/MathJax.js?config=TeX-AMS-MML_HTMLorMML'></script>

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the heads-up @Drydareelin. I've not been back to check for an update. I'll leave myself a note.

• Like 1

Did some digging. The CDN has shut down (https://www.mathjax.org/cdn-shutting-down/)

This means soon(ish) the Mathjax part of the Markup Renderer will stop working. Dang.

I've tried changing the scripts to the recommended alternative, but they don't render at all :(

I may have to provide a local copy of Mathjax with the plugin. Argh!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Update time! I have good news on the Mathjax front :)

For all of the examples in the MathML menu, replace the existing script line with this new one

<script  src='https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/mathjax/2.7.2/MathJax.js?config=TeX-AMS-MML_HTMLorMML'></script>

If the example has two lines, replace them both with the single line above.

I'm rolling out a new version of the Markup Renderer with these fixes soon.

• 5 years later...

Hi @Ego Eram Reputo

I just played with your plugin to learn how it works. It was working and allowed me to make about 4 images. Then it stopped rendering the text (TimeNewRoman)

Looks like 7 years have gone by without any comments. Does anyone use it? I have a tiny need to see this plugin working again, however, with all the changes made with Paint.Net, Windows, Markup language, I would not be surprised to see the source code generate many errors in Visual Studio or Codelab. Form based plugins I have learned doesn't work well for a novice like me. But I did get a few to work. Your thoughts?

Comment2 - After using it for these 40 minutes, it works fine. All I did was restart paint again. I already tried that but 2 worked.

Imagine a PDN 810X2632X3 layers so far. That's about 200 lines of a total 1140.  A one time tiny task. The font - times new roman I bet was the culprit. I never changed it from the default. Here's that font issue again.

• Like 1

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png

Glad you sorted it @AndrewDavid. I bet I'm the biggest this particular plugin :mrgreen:

The whole concept is pretty flaky. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. For that reason I highly recommend copying the HTML code into another document for safekeeping.