How to Install Plugins ×

Glitch effect plugin - PolyGlitch v1.4b

gsuberland

Version 1.4b now bundles the required DLL. Installation instructions remain the same - copy the PolyGlitch.Effects.dll file into the Effects directory, and copy the CodeArtEng.DspToolbox.dll file from the DspToolbox directory to the main Paint.NET directory.

@gsuberland! Thank you for these wonderful plugins, and thank you for the effort.

This image with the 3Displace: 

herxh2ww.png

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

• 5 months later...

Hiya

Sorry to bother but where does the CodeArtEng.Dsp.Toolbox go? I've had it in Program Files/Paint.NET and I tried it in the Effects folder. Some of the effects work and some can't find the Toolbox.dll. I get two error reports. I did unblock - that didn't help either.

• Upvote 1

SloppySig.png

Reading the struck out part in the first post - I believe it goes in the /paint.net/ directory, so I think you had it right.

Well just two of the selections kills Paint.Net - Low Pass and Qam Fault, and the error report says that CodeArtEng.Dsp.Toolbox can't be found. I would of posted the error report, but I've never done that before. So confusion insued as to what to do. Thank you EER

SloppySig.png

• 1 year later...

I cant use the QAM Fault effect and some others because it crashes and shows this message:

File: C:\Program Files\paint.net\Effects\PolyGlitch.Effects.dll
      Name: PolyGlitch.PolyGlitchQAMFaultEffect
      Version: 0.0.0.0
      Author: 
      Copyright: 
      Full error message: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.TypeLoadException: Δεν ήταν δυνατή η φόρτωση του τύπου 'CodeArtEng.DspToolbox.DiscreteTimeSignal' από τη συγκρότηση 'CodeArtEng.DspToolbox, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   σε PolyGlitch.PolyGlitchQAMFaultEffect.Render(QAMFaultConfigToken qparam, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs)
   σε PolyGlitch.PolyGlitchQAMFaultEffect.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
   σε PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RenderWithClipMask(Effect effect, EffectConfigToken token, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, IRenderer`1 clipMaskRenderer) στο D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:γραμμή 167
   σε PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RendererContext.RenderTile(EffectConfigToken token, Int32 tileIndex) στο D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:γραμμή 147
   σε PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RendererContext.RenderNextTile(EffectConfigToken token) στο D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:γραμμή 140
   σε PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.ThreadFunction() στο D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:γραμμή 232
   --- Τέλος ιχνηλάτησης στοίβας εσωτερικών εξαιρέσεων ---
   σε PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.DrainExceptions() στο D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:γραμμή 418
   σε PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Abort() στο D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:γραμμή 373
   σε PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.<>c__DisplayClass42_6.<RunEffectImpl>b__5() στο D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:γραμμή 1052

The error is (I think) because the plugin can't find the resource file. Did you copy it to the correct directory?

On 7/02/2015 at 11:58 PM, gsuberland said:

copy the PolyGlitch.Effects.dll file into the Effects directory, and copy the CodeArtEng.DspToolbox.dll file from the DspToolbox directory to the main Paint.NET directory.

I can state this behaviour. I've installed this plugin weeks ago correctly but not tested all options. Now I have done it and PDN crashed on "QAM Fault" and "Low Pass". All other effects are working.

Spoiler

Datei: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET4\Effects\PolyGlitch.Effects.dll
      Name: PolyGlitch.PolyGlitchLowPassPlugin
      Version: 0.0.0.0
      Autor:
      Copyright:
      Vollständige Fehlermeldung: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.TypeLoadException: Der Typ "CodeArtEng.DspToolbox.DiscreteTimeSignal" in der Assembly "CodeArtEng.DspToolbox, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" konnte nicht geladen werden.
   bei PolyGlitch.PolyGlitchLowPassPlugin.Render(Surface dst, Surface src, Rectangle rect)
   bei PolyGlitch.PolyGlitchLowPassPlugin.OnRender(Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
   bei PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect`1.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length) in D:\src\pdn\src\Effects\Effect`1.cs:Zeile 98.
   bei PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RenderWithClipMask(Effect effect, EffectConfigToken token, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, IRenderer`1 clipMaskRenderer) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:Zeile 169.
   bei PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RendererContext.RenderTile(EffectConfigToken token, Int32 tileIndex) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:Zeile 149.
   bei PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RendererContext.RenderNextTile(EffectConfigToken token) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:Zeile 141.
   bei PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.ThreadFunction() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:Zeile 238.
   --- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---
   bei PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.DrainExceptions() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:Zeile 418.
   bei PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Abort() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:Zeile 374.
   bei PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Start() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:Zeile 320.
   bei PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.<>c__DisplayClass42_5.<RunEffectImpl>b__4() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:Zeile 1003.

Edited by IRON67

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, ra_ge said:

I dont know how to use "Render Raw File" so if anyone can tell me i would be thankful

What are you typing into the "File Name" textbox? I believe it should be the full path to the file.

For example:

C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\MyImage.raw

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

• 11 months later...

Sorry for bumping this topic, but I'm having the same issue with the polyglitch plugin. The lowpass and QAM fault just crash PDN 4.0.21 with the error message saying that I'm missing the toolbox plugin. Even though I have it in my PDN directory, and I also tried it in the effects but that didn't work too.

1 hour ago, 8bit_coder said:

Sorry for bumping this topic, but I'm having the same issue with the polyglitch plugin. The lowpass and QAM fault just crash PDN 4.0.21 with the error message saying that I'm missing the toolbox plugin. Even though I have it in my PDN directory, and I also tried it in the effects but that didn't work too.

The CodeArtEng.DspToolbox.dll file needs to placed in the Effects directory. However, even if it's there, some of the glitch effects will still crash. This needs needs to be fixed by @gsuberland.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'CodeArtEng.DspToolbox.DiscreteTimeSignal' from assembly 'CodeArtEng.DspToolbox, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png

Never mind, I was able to fix it.  It seems an older and incompatible version of CodeArtEng.DspToolbox.dll was (mistakenly?) bundled.

I've re-attached the ZIP file, but with the newest version (v2.0.3; rather than v2.0.0).  Go to the first post, and download it again.

• Upvote 1

bp-sig.png

• 3 months later...

The effects are good, but most of them don't seem to be within the selection, and Low Pass and QAM Fault make the program crash.

nonworking-selection-glitch-codebook.pngSometimes this happens.

Big McThankies From McSpankies!

sakana sig resized.png

6 minutes ago, Sakana Oji said:

and Low Pass and QAM Fault make the program crash.

If you downloaded these plugins before July 25, 2018, download them again.

Otherwise, please post your crashlog.

bp-sig.png

File: C:\Users\User\Downloads\paint.net latest\paint.net latest\Effects\PolyGlitch.Effects.dll
      Name: PolyGlitch.PolyGlitchLowPassPlugin
      Version: 0.0
      Author: (Not Supplied)
      Copyright: (Not Supplied)
      Full error message: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'CodeArtEng.DspToolbox, Version=2.0.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
   at PolyGlitch.PolyGlitchLowPassPlugin.Render(Surface dst, Surface src, Rectangle rect)
   at PolyGlitch.PolyGlitchLowPassPlugin.OnRender(Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect`1.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length) in D:\src\pdn\src\Effects\Effect`1.cs:line 99
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RenderWithClipMask(Effect effect, EffectConfigToken token, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, RectInt32[] rois, IRenderer`1 clipMaskRenderer) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 196
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RendererContext.RenderTile(EffectConfigToken token, Int32 tileIndex) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 175
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RendererContext.RenderNextTile(EffectConfigToken token) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 167
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.ThreadFunction() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 267
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.DrainExceptions() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 443
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Abort() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 399
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Start() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 345
   at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.<>c__DisplayClass47_5.<RunEffectImpl>b__5() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 1068

sakana sig resized.png

6 minutes ago, Sakana Oji said:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'CodeArtEng.DspToolbox, Version=2.0.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Looks like you've forgotten to copy the CodeArtEng.DspToolbox.dll file in the Effect folder.

bp-sig.png

• 1 month later...
On 11/3/2018 at 7:35 PM, toe_head2001 said:

Looks like you've forgotten to copy the CodeArtEng.DspToolbox.dll file in the Effect folder.

Thank you, that helped a lot!

sakana sig resized.png

• 5 months later...
4 minutes ago, Kevz said:

Absolutely nothing.

Wait, now it works?! I restarted paint.net and now it just magically works.

Anyways, that was weird. Thanks for attempting to help though.

(i know it didnt "magically" work, but a bug probably occurred)

Edited by Kevz

20 minutes ago, Kevz said:

Wait, now it works?! I restarted paint.net and now it just magically works.

Anyways, that was weird. Thanks for attempting to help though.

(i know it didnt "magically" work, but a bug probably occurred)

One complaint though, when you use the 3Displace on a transparent background it doesn't work.