How to Install Plugins ×

Reticulation effect

ReMake

It’s great, thanks a lot! Very useful information. But I found similar effects on different software, but what the difference? Which one is better or more suitable? For example my friend told me something about effects on photoshop, and I’ve recently learned about photo collage maker http://ams-collage.com/, is sepia the same? And what tools can help to achieve the same effect?

Hello, Zelina and welcome to the forum!

... But I found similar effects on different software, but what the difference? ...

Yes, in various graphic editors effects can be absolutely similar. The difference is in the software (programming languages, algorithms) that supports these programs. You can't apply in Paint.NET the effects from other editors.

... and I’ve recently learned about photo collage maker http://ams-collage.com/, is sepia the same? ...

The collage technique (and not only single sepia effect) is available in Paint.NET. If to choose between Paint.NET or Photo Collage Maker, Paint.NET is ABSOLUTELY FREE.

... And what tools can help to achieve the same effect?

Try to find necessary for you Paint.NET effects here.

I hope at this forum to you it will be pleasant and comfortable!

Edited by ReMake

Version 1.4 -  added a help file and both interfaces (en and ru) are merged into one plugin. Changed the algorithm. Now the result of the effect work has become similar to natural reticulation.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1