Paint bucket.

shao

Hello, when I use the paint bucket and then select a new color, painted color automatically changes to the selected color, ¿how can I avoid this?.

Sorry for my english and thanks.

Check that you have the colors in the correct order for Primary and Secondary colors.  Left click should do the 1st color and right click the 2nd color.  I hope that helps :) .

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Hi shao,

That's how the paint bucket tool works in new version 4.0 . New version of paint.net gives the ability of live adjustment to bucket tool i.e. it lets you to change the color of an area after applying the paint bucket tool at one place. You can change the tolerance, blending type, fill type, color & even place of anchor making it the paint bucket tool dynamic and its outcome changes according to change of attributes of tool. So, as a natural corollary you have to  click on 'finish'  to tell PDN that you are done with live adjustment.

But don't think that you have to go to the hassle of clicking 'finish' after using every new color. PDN automatically commits the Paint Bucket after you chooses the new area or switch to other tool. You can avoid all this by a simple trick. In normal MS Paint (or previous PDN versions) you commonly choose the color you want apply, then you click on the area where you want to apply color. Instead try this for PDN :- Click on area first then click on the color.

In short all that is to :--->  Click on the first area ----> chose the first color -----> Click on the second area ----> chose the second color -----> Click on the third area ----> chose the third color ----->(and so on) .......................... ---->(finally) click 'finish' .

This is a new habit. So It shall take a little time to get used to this. :) 

Edited by Pratyush
  • Upvote 1

Rl7un0O.png

It's as Pratysh has explaind, things in paint.net 4.0 will take some new habits. :)

It really isn't that complicated, however, it is a new habit, and old habits are not easy to overcome.

As I pointed out in a previous thread,

Old Paint.NET -- Choose color, click area. Repeat.

New Paint.NET -- Click area, choose color. Repeat.

Click an area, choose a color. > Click next area, choose a new color. > Click next area, choose another color.

When you are done with your sequence of fills and coloring, then you can hit commit, enter, or change tools. :)

Edited by Cc4FuzzyHuggles
  • Upvote 1

That's good to know. Always learn something new again. Thank you to all. 3hkjxt6b.gif

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

If you like hotkeys, you can always press ctrl+d, esc, or enter after you use the paint bucket and before you change colors.

• Upvote 1

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo