Error Opening PDN Files

Whenever I try to open a couple of my files that I have been working on I get an error message saying "The file is corrupt or was saved with a newer version of paint.net."

The Details show:

System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: already encountered chunk #6

at PaintDotNet.MemoryBlock.PaintDotNet.Serialization.IDeferredSerializable.FinishDeserialization(Stream input, DeferredFormatter formatter) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Core\MemoryBlock.cs:line 792

at PaintDotNet.Serialization.DeferredFormatter.FinishDeserialization(Stream input) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Core\Serialization\DeferredFormatter.cs:line 118

at PaintDotNet.Document.FromStream(Stream stream) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Data\Document.cs:line 1436

at PaintDotNet.FileType.Load(Stream input) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 477

at PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Eval[T1,TRet](Func`2 f, T1 arg1) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Base\Functional\Func.cs:line 158

Anything helps thanks

Edited by ArtSpartan

What version did you create the file with?

What version are you using now?

Have you tried running PdnRepair?   You'll find it in the installation folder.

• Upvote 1

I made all of my files in Paint.net 4.0.3 and am still running 4.0.3, which I think is the current version.

I haven't run the PdnRepair yet, but will see if that helps thanks :)

Edit: Still have the same problem unfortunately... Should I post one of the files and see if someone else has better luck with this?

Edited by ArtSpartan