Some features no longer work

GVArtist

"Posterize" and "oil painting" suddenly don't work. The dialog box appears and the progress bar suggests it's working, but the picture does not change.

Hello and Welcome to the Forum.

I'm using the latest v4 and the Posterize & Oil Painting are working fine for me.

Posterize can be very subtle and it will depend on the image colors you are using.  Try something very colorful and lower the Posterize down to 2 or 3.

Example:

ck4XjiL.png

Good luck ;)

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Thanks--but even with oil painting turned all the way up on both scales, there's no change...maybe it'll work next time I open the program. Thanks again.

Did you have a selection active? Press Ctrl + D to make sure nothing is selected.

Nope. Recognizing that this program is free, I am disappointed. The first time I downloaded it, it installed a bunch of malware on my computer and I had to get my computer cleaned. Everything was okay for a while, but now it is only halfway working.

Thanks anyway.

Nope. Recognizing that this program is free, I am disappointed. The first time I downloaded it, it installed a bunch of malware on my computer and I had to get my computer cleaned. Everything was okay for a while, but now it is only halfway working.

Thanks anyway.

Paint.NET is not shipped with any additional software (malware or otherwise). I can only guess that you didn't download it from the official web site. There are many unscrupulous people out there bundling malware with Paint.NET. Be careful where you download it from.

You probably clicked on one of the ads on the website.  The correct link is in the top right corner of the website http://www.getpaint.net/index.html

BoltBait was correct.  Paint.net does NOT ship with anything else.  If you got it from the official web links then your malware came from another source.

Don't be afraid to agree with me Goony - in fact I recommend it :lol: