All effects disabled after 4.X update

Installing a newer version shouldn't affect the installed plugins.  What you're probably experiencing is incompatibility issues because you need to update some of your plugins.

Please give us an example of an effect with won't work and we'll try to determine why.

I didn't want to start a new post because this question was already probably answered, but a lot of the plugins that I have are crashing (Color Tint, for example, Liquify, etc.). Do I just download all of the plugins again? Is there an easier way? 

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Helen, it is a painful exercise to have to get updated versions to all of our favourite plugins but it also a good opportunity to cull those you are not using & to think about new ones that you may not have used before. Thankfully, many of the plugins are in packs now :D

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Same as always Helen...If you only have 4.0, then there will not be an issue but if you are keeping copies of V3 then you will need to be sure that you are putting then in 4.0 Effects folder.

I am pretty certain that the new versions just overwrite the old. 

No doubt someone will correct me if I am wrong :D

• Upvote 1
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

@Helen - after you download your up-to-date Plugins here you unzip them and then go to your Computer - Programme Files - Paint.NET - Effects and drag the Plugins you want into the folder.  You will get a prompt for them to overwrite the old ones.

It is a teedious thing doing all these Plugin changes but, as @BBQ says, you get to clean things up.  I'm still having one major problem with two plugins that, whilst they are recent, are clashing with each other.  Hopefully this can be sorted.

Good Luck :)

Edited by Pixey
  • Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

I have both versions of pdn on my computer and when I downloaded version 4 it installed all the plugins that I had in 3.5.11 automatically. After finding many that crashed pdn I finally removed all of them from version 4.03 and started downloading the updated versions of plugins or packs one at a time into it. I still have all of the plugins in the older version of pdn to go back to in case I need them,which is frequently,lol. But version 4.03 is limited on what I can do right now as it takes some time to sort through and install them all.

• Upvote 1

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery