Can't install problem with .NET Framework

images2icons

I have had Paint.Net on this computer before.  The problem I am having is I had to reformat and now in re-installing I am getting an error, the files download fine, but it says .NET Framework cannot be installed. (Guess I will get a pic of that before i continue).  Okay it says Fatal error.  I have also attached a pic from my files showing what .Net Framework is there.

I use Windows 7, and as I have said I have had paint.net on here before.

Please advise Thanks in advance for your time.

Sincerely,

Christopher Chance

post-137132-0-18154800-1406065967_thumb.

post-137132-0-31905600-1406065995_thumb.

• 4 weeks later...

Here is the additional system information.

systeminfo.png

I wish someone would look at this post and reply, please help.  I miss using my Paint.net program, and I don't want to reset to factory (which is my last hope).

I don't know if this will help in Windows 7...  However, I had the same problem with Windows 8.1.  No matter what I did, and I tried a lot of things that people suggested to get rid of the 1603 Fatal Error, nothing worked. I kept getting the error.  Finally I found a thread in the Microsoft Community Forum. It turns out that one of the Windows updates KB2918614 broke the Windows installer.  Once I uninstalled the KB2918614 update, I was able to install Paint.net with no problems at all. 

Here's the thread I found with that solution.  It says it is for Windows 8.1 Pro, but I don't have the Pro version and it worked for me, so it might work for Windows 7 also.  Worth checking. If it doesn't make a difference, you can always reinstall the update. 

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-windows_install/kb2918614-breaks-windows-installer-service/3d75a1c2-114a-4241-a527-35b536edc158