How to Install Plugins ×

The Plugin Browser (Updated 2015-24-01)

TechnoRobbo

I still have not successfully been able to save a complete image in version 4's of pdn,lol.   This old dog is going back to his old tricks with 3.5.11.   :D

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

Also getting the same crash as Skullbonz & Mottoman on that plugin :/

@ Skullbonz: This is for you, :D

testamentsix_zps3d6f1369.jpg

IMHO - I would not wish to go back to 3.5.11, V4+ is far superior now, plus there is no longer any support for older versions ;)

• Upvote 1

ZXCBOoZ.png

at TRsStrangeAttractor.EffectPluginConfigDialog.timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Thanks , I know what caused it, I'll fix it this weekend. It's a strange attractor not a Plugin Browser problem. I know the fix

Could be unrelated, but there is Three variations of your name in the "by author" tab 

Yes, I know - when I get to updating my plugins I'll fix that. I think one says TehcnoRobbo and the other has a copyright 

Go out there and be amazing. Have Fun, TR
TRsSig.png?raw=1
Some Pretty Pictures Some Cool Plugins

TR's Strange Attractor has been patched - will work with The Plugin Browser with out crashing.

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=8077

Thank you again mottoman and Skull

Sorry for the inconvenience

And thank you NN79 for educating people - us programmers tend to forget that most users aren't tech savvy

TRsSig.png?raw=1

And where would the clipboard be?  I have windows 7 and see no clipboard anywhere. I know there is one in pdn but it usually cleans itself out on a shut down/restart

As for the use of version 4.03 of pdn I am giving it the old college try in between crashes. At first it took all the plugins I had from version 3.5.11 and installed them in version 4.01 which led to many crashes. I finally just removed them all and started installing just compatible plugins back in which means I am reverse using the non-compatible list which is a bit time consuming. I now have about half of the plugins in the new version that I had in the old version so that limits what I can do greatly. Maybe I use plugins that no one else commonly uses, but whatever the case I am missing some cool effects that I use frequently. I like the new version, not putting it down, just having a hard time with it until I get all of this sorted out. I do go back and try using it quite often, kind of like when you get thrown off a horse, you get back on and try again,lol. Today's try and a newer version of everything still led to a crash. I kicked the horse and went for a drive in my van.  ;)

It is much easier on my sanity to just use version 3.5.11 and it saves me from winging my pc out the back door,lol. I already know there is no support for it anymore but it still works great and all of my questions and problems have been about the version 4's, not 3.5.11

Now you know the rest of the story,,,,,good day.

Paul Harvey

Edited by skullbonz

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

You won't see the clipboard.  It's a mythical beast.  Hides in the shadows.  Don't worry though, it comes when needed.  Ctrl + C copies something highlighted to the clipboard and Ctrl + V pastes the contents of the clipboard to where the cursor is  (very roughly). 

When you use the "Copy to Clipboard" button it does just that.  Don't worry about where the info is, just trust that it's there and ready to be pasted somewhere else.

PDN clipboard = Windows clipboard.  One and the same ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I would expect that if I'm searching for 'Print' the suggestions would include the 'Print It' plugin in the list.

(To be on the safe side, I deleted the old .dat file first to get a current one).

It detects other plugins like Printer+ or TR's Halftone

Could you check what may be the problem? No idea which data you are parsing,

midoras signature.gif

if the title of the plugin is an exact match to the title in the plugin index (No extra spaces,no word "plugin" added) the search should not make a suggestion, since you already have the plugin.

In a lot of instances the title in the plugin doesn't match the write up (therefore the index) and it appears in the suggestion. For instance the if you have Planetoid, the search word "planet" should not create a suggestion since it's Plugin Index name matches the plugin name. 

The intent was to reduce duplication.That being said, you and I must have different versions of Print it to cause different results.

I have 0.7.0.396

You may have the latest version 0.8

TRsSig.png?raw=1

Moved back to 0.7.0.396 and deleted the .dat file. It still does not appear. But after removing the plugin the suggestion appears. So it is working somehow as expected.

To avoid duplicates is the right approach for sure. To detect them is not possible from the available informations (in most cases).

A long while ago we discussed to add markers to the plugin threads to make it easier to create the plugin index. This would provide a better chance to get unique ids. Maybe:

::PluginIndex::Title:Version::Created::Author::Description::

somewhere in the plugin thread, but the first entry wins ;-)

And the Plugin Browser thread (used as example) could contain in the first post:

::PluginIndex::- Plugin Browser::1.0.1.7::2014-07-18::The Dwarf Horde::Browse and Search Plugins::

If the Plugin index would include the version number or creation date then the plugin browser could check for updates of installed plugins.

midoras signature.gif

If the Plugin index would include the version number or creation date then the plugin browser could check for updates of installed plugins.

Good point, but Ego is busy enough - keeping track of builds would be a huge work load. If the plugin appears in the right and/or middle panel than I think we accomplished what we set out to do, suggest options.

TRsSig.png?raw=1

Good point, but Ego is busy enough - keeping track of builds would be a huge work load. If the plugin appears in the right and/or middle panel than I think we accomplished what we set out to do, suggest options.

It makes no sense to do it manually. So the threads must be scanned to include information to a database which is then used to create the plugin index.

midoras signature.gif

It's already a nightmare to maintain the Plugin Index.  Authors push out updates and new versions all the time - sometimes without even and update post telling us.  Then there are the Plugin Packs :(

IMHO we should tighten the standards around releasing plugins. Example:  authors MUST maintain the version number, filename and the other info you mentioned.  We really need a BB code to generate the table required to keep it exact.

I do log the thread creation date.  That tells us how long the plugin has been around.  Perhaps we need to add  :LastRevisionDate:

• 4 weeks later...

I'm getting some issues with the UI in HighDPI (250%, 278 dpi). If there is time then it would be nice if they could be fixed.

post-79572-0-64782900-1410978064_thumb.j

midoras signature.gif

In the moment it starts that we are getting these kind of laptops (3200x1800 pixels on 13"). And prices are - somehow - acceptable.

Beside of the title 1.0.18 I can't see any difference.

Looks like something stretches the box containig 'built-ins/Plugins" exactly by the scale factor 250% a second time.

Then there is the issue with the search icon which is not scaled and the width of the slider in the middle.

And this strange box top right.

midoras signature.gif

I anchor text boxes to the lower left - Stretched the search button Icon and locked the slider in the results box. Uploaded v1.0.1.9

I'm surprised that VS isn't scaling well to HDPI but I've read about this being the case. 

TRsSig.png?raw=1

The search button is fine now. No change in the remaining issues.

Maybe you know. In the display setting you can select 'Make text and items larger'. There you could select another size.

I tried it on a standard PC with a standard screen (96 dpi) by setting the scaling to 150% (you should not use a larger value or you will no longer be able to access all controls). I got the same issues.

It is 2014 and MS is still fighting.

midoras signature.gif

I tried it on a standard PC with a standard screen (96 dpi) by setting the scaling to 150% (you should not use a larger value or you will no longer be able to access all controls). I got the same issues.

I'll give it a try later on Toady. Thanks for all your help.

TRsSig.png?raw=1