Error opening .pdn file.

Hey everyone. I really need help. I need this file!

So I was working on something big and I saved it. Then I wanted to continue so I opened the .pdn file and I got  this message:

bug_zps7c9b8bcc.png

I have no idea what this is but I can't open the file anymore and that's a big problem.

I really need help.

Here's the error log:

System.FormatException: file is not a valid paint.net document

at PaintDotNet.Document.FromStream(Stream stream) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Data\Document.cs:line 1353

at PaintDotNet.FileType.Load(Stream input) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 459

at PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Eval[T1,TRet](Func`2 f, T1 arg1) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Base\Functional\Func.cs:line 156

Thank you.

You may have saved the file in png or jpg format but used the extension .pdn.

So try to change the extension of the file from .pdn to .png and open it again.

It says in the properties that it's .pdn and I tried to add the extension in the file name but it doesn't work...

It says in the properties that it's .pdn and I tried to add the extension in the file name but it doesn't work...

The properties just tell you the file extension but not the file content.

If you are able and willing to upload the file somewhere we may have a look.

midoras signature.gif

You have to do it in Windows Explorer. Open the context ment of the file and select rename. Then change the extension from .pdn to .png.

Ok it works but I lost all my layers and everything, that's what I needed... now it's gone.

Ok it works but I lost all my layers and everything, that's what I needed... now it's gone.

Sorry to say, but there is nothing else you can do.

Just remember next time - to avoid this kind of mistake - that the 'Save as type' defines the content of the file and not the extension.

midoras signature.gif

Sorry to say, but there is nothing else you can do.

Just remember next time - to avoid this kind of mistake - that the 'Save as type' defines the content of the file and not the extension.

Well okay then... thank you for your help.