High CPU usage

skyoxZ

Win7sp1, Intel Core i5, paint.net 4.0.5288, CodeLab 2.0

Every time running CodeLab will use about 8% CPU, even after closing the plugin. After several times of running CodeLab, the CPU usage reaches the upper limit of 25%.

That doesn't appear to be very high. Even 25% seems low and that's probably transitional.

But if you consider it an issue you should post in the CodeLab thread

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/880-codelab-for-advanced-users-v20-released-june-23-2014/?p=411659

Edited by TechnoRobbo

Go out there and be amazing. Have Fun, TR
TRsSig.png?raw=1
Some Pretty Pictures Some Cool Plugins

I think it is an issue of paint.net.

paint.net 4.0.5288 with CodeLab 1.8 got the same issue. Every time opening CodeLab, CPU usage increases by 8%, and the CPU keeps being used when CodeLab is closed. It significantly affects the speed of paint.net UI response.

Graphics programs do tend to use CPU...I guess I'm with TechnoRobbo, I don't see what the issue is here, either.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

• 2 weeks later...

CodeLab 2.1 with paint.net 4.0.5288 has the same issue.

I get some details if helpful:

When running CodeLab, a thread is created about 1.5 sec before csc.exe being called. The thread would not exit until closing paint.net.

• 1 year later...

That doesn't appear to be very high. Even 25% seems low and that's probably transitional.

I think 25% on an i5 probably means a thread is occupying all of the time in one of the four cores. On several occasions when my Firefox browser completely froze, the usage said exactly 25%.

• 2 months later...