The penultimate build is here: the release candidate! The only changes that should occur between this build and the final release are the those related to the translations. In other words, the code is complete unless there's a Priority Defcon 0 Nuclear Holocaust type bug that's found (which I don't expect). I believe the final release will be sometime next week.
As usual, to install, you can either 1) use the built-in updater from a previous 4.0 build, or 2) use the built-in updater from v3.5.11 if you have "Also check for pre-release (beta) builds", or 3) download it directly at http://www.getpaint....812.install.zip
Changes since the last beta build (5278):
- Pasting with the Text tool should no longer hide the move handle
- The rotation anchor (Move, Shapes) is now less intrusive
- Fixed focus rectangles in some controls that effects use (check boxes, radio buttons, sliders)
- Fixed a layout issue with the ruler in some very specific scenarios
- Hardware acceleration is now enabled by default for some Intel GPUs (e.g. Intel HD 4000 series)