How to Install Plugins ×

Kodak Tri-x 400 Emulator

johandanforth

I created this Kodak Tri-x 400 filter for a camera app and thought might as well put it into a paint.net dll, so if anyone is interested, it's available on my skyonedrive at http://1drv.ms/1xetB8b

It uses the Vandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects.dll which is also included. 

My Note:  This is a completely new version, not dependent on any external DLLs. Sorry for the earlier mess...

Another Note: DON'T download the file called Trix400.zip, It's the old one but I cannot delete it for some reason... Better download from my onedrive -> http://1drv.ms/1xetB8b

I've spent quite some time trying to get it right, using color charts taken with the real Tri-x 400 film.

trix400 new version.zip

Edited by BoltBait

• 3 weeks later...

Nicely done!  For those users not in the know, this filter will change an image into an enhanced gray scale.

Effect is found in the  Effect >  menu (not in a submenu).

Example:

yhsjjie-687.png

As a matter of interest, the "Vandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects.dll" included in this download, removes drop shadow and other ones created by Kris in paint.net v4 RC.

I am just happy I had an early version of his plugins stored on HDD. This plugin won't work on v4 with the other verson of the "Vandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects.dll" 

• Upvote 4

ZXCBOoZ.png

Woah.  Thanks for that NiteNurse.  I had reported that the latest 4.0 build had some extra Vandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects.* errors.  Now I know why!

@johandanforth:  Have you sought permission to bundle Kris' dll with yours?

As a matter of interest, the "Vandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects.dll" included in this download, removes drop shadow and other ones created by Kris in paint.net v4 RC.

I am just happy I had an early version of his plugins stored on HDD. This plugin won't work on v4 with the other verson of the "Vandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects.dll" 

Yes. Thank you for this information. I was going to try this, but not at the expense of Drop shadow and other good plugins.  

HFuQlot.png

Thanks for the find nitenurse, I was going to try this plugin, but I'm not prepared to sacrifice plugins that I rely on for one that I may occasionally use. +1 for you B) 

BREtKQW.png

• 3 months later...

trix400 new version.zip

So, I've finally converted the code to a pure visual studio project, not dependent on any external DLLs. Download from here -> http://1drv.ms/1xetB8b or the attachment. Thanks for any feedback!

I've spent quite some time trying to get it right, using color charts taken with the real Tri-x 400 film.

Edited by johandanforth