paint.net 4.0 beta build 5226

Rick Brewster

Confirmed.

In 3.5.11 Left Mouse = opaque to transparent. Right Mouse = transparent to opaque.

In 4.0.5226 Left AND Right = opaque to transparent.

Also: You used to be able to swap the gradient direction by clicking on a nub. This doesn't work in 4.0.5226.

To change to transparent to opaque, set your primary and secondary colors to transparent.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Ok, so... if I'm understanding correctly, for the radial gradient,
Setting it to transparency mode with solid primary/secondary colors, makes it so the center is solid, right?
While setting it to transparency mode, but changing the primary/secondary colors to Opacity Alpha 0, makes it so the center is transparent, is that correct?
It seems a bit complicated vs just right clicking and left clicking. Oh well, at least we do still have ways to have both kinds of transparent radial gradients, which is good to know. :)

Edited by Cc4FuzzyHuggles

• 2 weeks later...

When Pasting a picture (2748 x 3712) in a new one (1600 x 1900 with 100 pixels/cm) with no change of the size of the destination file, when I resize the layer to have all I want visible, it crops the visible part. I can move the big picture but can't resize the layer without loosing as if it was crop. So it's impossible to use bigger picture in a smaller document without loosing a big part of the picture.

I tryed the same manipulation with the same pictures (different tests with different resolutions) on the previous stable version of Paint.net, and it works perfectly.

lDjF1cF.jpg

You can do this to go around the problem:

Paste the picture into a new image, where you can resize it.

Then, paste the resized picture into the original image.

II ARROWS : that's a good trick  B) , but I guess that would be faster to be able to do all the manipulations IN the same document. I was able to adapt directly the size of each picture in a document with the previous version.

1) I left my laptop unattended for a while and it went to hibernate (not standby).

After I had rebooted the system, the whole canvas area (the picture as well as the gray surrounding area) remained white until I resized the paint.net window to force a full repaint of the UI.

Not sure this is reproducible since it needs some time until my laptop goes into hibernate. I'd appreciate someone else trying this, too.

2) When you copy anything at the bottom or righthand border of an image and paste it, it will not be pasted where it was copied but with 1 pixel margin. Reproducible: always.

Edited by LWChris

What is your operating system?

You can also force to hibernate, it's possible that you have to enable the option from your menu, you can find the procedure online.

There are 2 types of hibernation, classical and hybrid suspension. The second is just like normal stand by, but it also saves date on hard drive in case of power failure. You may need to enable that from power settings (advanced mode).

What did you use?

I tried both mode (I have enabled hybrid suspension and I've tried first without unplugging power cable, and the second unplugging it) but I've returned with the canvas still visible (I've pasted a screenshot, no levels or anything else).

Windows 8.1.

Emh...

When Pasting a picture (2748 x 3712) in a new one (1600 x 1900 with 100 pixels/cm) with no change of the size of the destination file, when I resize the layer to have all I want visible, it crops the visible part. I can move the big picture but can't resize the layer without loosing as if it was crop. So it's impossible to use bigger picture in a smaller document without loosing a big part of the picture.

I tryed the same manipulation with the same pictures (different tests with different resolutions) on the previous stable version of Paint.net, and it works perfectly.

It's 4 posts before your (with workaround!).

Emh...

It's 4 posts before your (with workaround!).

...i saw but they resized the layer and i didn't... and i knew that workaround before i saw your post... but it's stil very annoying

Edited by tditdatdwt

untitled.png

• 2 weeks later...