How can I convert this to 2560 by 1440?

Howdy Pedge.

There are possibly a number of ways to accomplish what you're asking but here's the quickest solution I can think of for you at the moment:

You will need the Tile Fill From Clipboard plugin. Now:

1) Start by opening the image you want to tile which should be "Layer 1"

2) Expand your canvas size by 200% from any of the corners

3) Duplicate your layer

4) Use the Flip Horizontal option on either of the two layers

5) Merge both layers together (at this point your image should cover half the canvas)

6) Repeat step 3

7) Use the Flip Vertical option on either of the two layers

8) Repeat step 5

Now your canvas should be completely covered and have clean seams. Moving on:

9) Click outside your canvas to select it all and then copy it.

10) Start a new image of the desired size (in this case 2560x1440)

11) Apply the Tile Fill From Clipboard plugin with no boxes checked.

Voilà

I'm pretty sure the "Tile Image" plugin can actually do this entire process just be running it with the image you want to tile on the according canvas size but I'll let you investigate that if you feel the need.

If for some reason this process didn't work out or if you have other questions just howler back alright.

Cheers B)

Edited by Spectre

SigSpec2.png

• 1 month later...

Distort -> Tile Image  (hidden in the post where you downloaded the plugin ;) )

I need to find out how to use this one. TY  http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?showtopic=12831

First open up your image.

1. Ctrl + A to select all.

2. Ctrl + C to copy your image to the clipboard.

Then expand your canvas (Image >> Canvas Size) to twice the size of your image length ways (make sure you anchor the canvas to the left) 

Next go to Effects >> Fill >> Tile fill from clipboard select mirror image vertically.

Repeat steps #1 & #2 

Then expand your canvas again to twice the height of your image (this time set the anchor to the top) 

Then go to Effects >> Fill >> Tile fill from clipboard select mirror image horizontally 

After this resize or crop to your desired size.

BREtKQW.png

Im sorry guys, thanks for your help, but I can't do these kind of things, I get confused easy. I will just have to see if I can find a generator online or something. :;(

But thank you all.

It is a very simple procedure. Try it on any image before you do it on your canvas, explore and learn.

There is no point asking for help if your not prepared to follow it up and actually try it out. 

BREtKQW.png

:Warning:

Drew is trying to help you Pedge.  If you don't understand then just say so - right after thanking him for taking the time to answer you.

I SAID goodbye and thank you because it was just to much for me to take in at once and he returned the above response. I THEN had to explian I was disabled and not very good at these programs. I wish I didnt have to come all the way back to explian why I was not able to figure it out BUT you had to act like a holy king moderator and embarass me more about it. JUst leave me alone. I would appeciate it if this could just be dropped, THis has now made this the worst week ever and I will never ask anyone for help again.

I'm sorry you felt embarrassed. If you didn't understand something - you should have just said so. A single emoticon is not much of an indicator to us that you're struggling with something.

We are trying to help.

What I do when I am faced with a number of steps to complete a task in paint.net is to write it down and follow it at my own time,  I save each step as I go along.  
There is no rush to get it done asap. (you asked your question on Apr 22 - clearly no urgent need to get the job done)  I am sorry that you have not understood the help given to you, I am also sorry that you feel embarrassed,  but insulting moderators and throwing our kindness back into our faces is not the right way to go about things on here.

As EER has stated - We are trying to help :)

BREtKQW.png

I'm sorry you felt embarrassed. If you didn't understand something - you should have just said so. A single emoticon is not much of an indicator to us that you're struggling with something.

We are trying to help.

Well what happened was, knowing how google is (Which I no longer use a single one of their services.) me discussing my learning issues would be there forever haunting me, so after I thought it was long enough for Drew to see the explnation about my disabilitys, I deleted it and went to choose a sad face and ended up with a smartassd one, Didn't mean that.

What I do when I am faced with a number of steps to complete a task in paint.net is to write it down and follow it at my own time,  I save each step as I go along.  

There is no rush to get it done asap. (you asked your question on Apr 22 - clearly no urgent need to get the job done)  I am sorry that you have not understood the help given to you, I am also sorry that you feel embarrassed,  but insulting moderators and throwing our kindness back into our faces is not the right way to go about things on here.

As EER has stated - We are trying to help :)

Thanks, oh by the way, the plugin was not showing up, was it the fact of paint being beta? And anyways, I quit youtube so it's all moot. I did however find a realllll easy way in GIMP if anyone wants to know. Unless that is the Decepticon to your Autobots, the Empire to your Rebels, the Micheal Scott to your David Bresnt...oh you get it. :P

I did however find a realllll easy way in GIMP if anyone wants to know. Unless that is the Decepticon to your Autobots, the Empire to your Rebels, the Micheal Scott to your David Bresnt...oh you get it. :P

Well, most of us prefer Paint.NET (for obvious reasons), but it's a fine program; it just has a different purpose than this program does.  We wish it no ill will.  :)

Since it looks like you got your problem solved, I'm going to go ahead and close this thread.  You're always welcome here, Pedge.  :)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.