How to Install Plugins ×

CustomBrushesMini v2.2

Simon Brown

Having trouble installing Custom Brushes. Do I use the Custom Brushes Plugin by Brown? If so where and how do I install it? I tried pasting the dll file into the smudge brushes and the effects folder but it didn't seem to work. If anyone could give me a little help I would appreciate it. Thanks!

cweber54logo3NeonMushrooms.jpg

:wtf:Oh oooops!

That would help having it in the right folder :P .

I have it under C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects....I'll look back in the plug-in directions to see where it is suppose to go. I feel like a big air-head. 

That's OK - most of them go into Effects :D .

This is where to go:  Computer - OS - Program Files - Paint.NET -  File Types .......... it goes in here :music: .

Good luck.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

:biggrin:YAY! I finally got it to work! Thank You very, very much Pixie and everyone! Thanks for being so patient with me too.

You guys and gals are the greatest :beer: If I could I'd buy you all a drink.

• 2 months later...

Alright, CustomBrushesMini works great for me in paint.net 3.5.11, but, that's not the case for paint.net 4.0.

So, I would like to find my Paint.NET User File for 4.0 and take a look in the custom brushes folder.

But, it feels a bit complicated to find, and here's why :

I have both paint.net 3.5.11 and paint.net 4.0 installed, and both are on an external hard-drive in sub-folders that I made (I:\PROGRAMS\PaintDotNet4.0). Where might my Paint.NET 4.0 User File be? Any ideas?

Edited by Cc4FuzzyHuggles

@Fuzzy  - have you read through page 11?  CMB are a totally different ball game in v4 .... the files are saved a little differently to what we're used to in v3  :/

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Yes I have. But I accidentally added brushes that were the wrong format, and now the plugin is laggy to the point that it crashes. In 3.5.11 I never needed to go to the brushes folder in the paint.net user file because everything worked easily. Now, with this format mix-up I've done, I'm obviously not used to the plugin in 4.0 yet. However, if I know where the user file is, I can open the brushes folder and delete the brushes that are causing the problems.

The stuff on page 11, and I think another page, all talk about C drive, but my paint.net isn't on C drive, so I'm not positive on how to find the user file. I also don't know if there is a user file for 3.5.11 and 4.0 since I have both installed. I'm sure if I poke around at things and look more I'll figure it out, but I wasn't sure if someone already knew and had a simple/quick answer. :)

• 2 weeks later...

CustomBrushesMini doesn't work in v4 at the moment. I plan to release a new version when I have time (which should be before the stable version is released).

KaHuc.png

Good job I'm still using v 3 then  :D .  But - a Big Thank You that you will be releasing a new version sometime soon for v4.  This plug-in has been a staple for me for seven years now and I thank you for creating it for Paint.NET  <3   :beer:

30b8T8B.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello,

After I updated my custom brushes mini I have been unable to download any new brushes. I go to Brush Eezy.com  and download according to the instructions on Paint.net: Download, open, extract, and place them in documents/Paint.net user files/custom brushes. I know I have them in the right place but they do not show up when I open Paint.net./Effects/custom brushes mini.

I did do a search for this problem but came up with nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

B)

Are they .png format or .abr format ? They need to be converted to .png in order for CBM to open them :)

ZXCBOoZ.png

Merged with the CBM thread.  All plugin troubleshooting should go in the thread for that plugin.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Hi Kelly - you are using Paint.NET v.4 right?

If the brushes are definitely in .png format then they must be saved somewhere on your computer.  In my experience most BrushEasy brushes are .abr, unless you are a Premium member.  As I'm not, I couldn't download any .pngs to experiment with.

But to start with perhaps try this and then we'll work from there :) .

http://i.imgur.com/I2Y6170.png

30b8T8B.gif

Hi all  :roll: - I solved my own problem by doing the Paint.net update, then double checking what version of CBM I had: I didn't have the newest one  :roll: ! LOL

So I removed the old version and manually put in the new one and everything works fine now.

Thank you everyone for your help  :mrgreen:

In CustomBrushesMini I see there is the button to "Add Brush", but how do I remove brushes?

Beaten to it by Madam Pixey :D

BREtKQW.png

• 1 year later...

I just tested this and they are working OK for me :/ .

Oops, sorry I had a blonde moment :lol: I had them in the wrong location for no reason :mrred:

ZXCBOoZ.png

• 2 months later...

Hi

I am looking for an air brush tool and your collection looks like it might have that.

I have PaintNet 4/Windows 10 so I think your plugin should work. I have put all the files in the effects subfolder and when i start PaintNet the tools show up on the  effects menu. I create an image but when I open the Custom Brushes tool I get a blank screen and an empty brush palette on the right. When I click Add Brushes I simply cannot find any brushes to uses.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help and advice

Hi

I am looking for an air brush tool and your collection looks like it might have that.

I have PaintNet 4/Windows 10 so I think your plugin should work. I have put all the files in the effects subfolder and when i start PaintNet the tools show up on the  effects menu. I create an image but when I open the Custom Brushes tool I get a blank screen and an empty brush palette on the right. When I click Add Brushes I simply cannot find any brushes to uses.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help and advice

try to check-> my documents - my paint.net files - custom brushes. brushes had to be placed here or search for my paint.net files for a customised location.

i guess the location in my docs is the mandatory place to be.

This is a tricky process.  As you have already downloaded the Custom Mini Brushes successfully - you are nearly there!

You must download some skin brushes from the web.  Here is a link where you can download Skin Brushes from this artist's website free.

Then you have to use the ABR viewer - see here - and transport the brushes over to a folder - I make a new one on my desktop for easier access.

Then open Paint.NET and navigate to Custom Brushes.  On the top you will see Add Brushes.  Navigate to where you saved the ABR brushes and click on the desired brush/s.

Good Luck :) .

EDIT - I forgot to mention that there is also a Plugin - which must be put into the File Types Folder - and then you can just drag the Photoshop brushes into the Custom Brushes Folder.

Edited by Pixey

30b8T8B.gif