Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
welshblue

Realistic Roughcast Metal

40 posts in this topic

Really nice Ella. There's something symbolic about having a heart made out of rough metal - non-conformist where love is corncerned (but I'm thinking again and that's never a good thing !!)

A great background sets the whole piece up beautifully. Nice one

Oh Ella! Wonderstruck! Fits nicely with the current SOTW theme too. This is what I am working on at the moment :D

Totally agree with WB - fab background to set it off. Lovely contrast of textures.

As my picture says - HI there! Great tut Welshy. I see you`ve posted a few good ones since I was last here. I`ll have to have a go at them. Thought I would go for a two tone text on this one, hope you like it. Oh and thanks to Chelsea we are 2 points clear again. Nice one. ;)

Roughcasttext.jpg

Hi there mate ... good to see ya on here

Great result on the tut'. Nice to see it being ran with. Football ? You Gooners must be having nose bleeds being so high up the table ;)

I think I must be getting dumber as I get older. I have tried this tute 5 times now and I can't get it right. This effort is all I could manage.

epicfail.png

After set your primary and secondary color and apply Stylize -218, 30, -1.666667 you need to move this layer down and then select above layer to apply new primary and secondary color and Stylize with new settings.

Everything works fine until I get to this step - "Duplicate the newly merged layer, set blend mode to reflect >> Opacity 174/175 ish".

It's after that stage my text becomes like the one I posted. :/

I do not know, looks like you missed one Blur / Splinter step ...

Tried yet again, the only work around I could come up with was after running diffuse and duplicating, was to also duplicate again. At least this time I got a little closer. Not ideal, but pleased with the result I did manage to get. 

take7.png

Edited by DrewDale

I don't know what to say Drew. That is very strange.

I know you're a guy with experience in PDN and you can not make mistakes when you follow a tutorial.

I know you're a guy with experience in PDN and you can not make mistakes when you follow a tutorial.

:lol: you want to see me when I try to follow flat pack furniture instuctions :lol:

Furniture assembly instructions? These killing me! :lol:

I tried to unite this tutorial with another one. That's what I'd got:

w67z5y6v94ea4afrp5lqu5czl.png

Also, on another image (which was 1920x1200) I tried to name layers properly.

t72toglgh2unmc16hl145aepa.png