Tribute to Louis Armstrong

cweber54

LouisArmstrongAttempt5.jpgI'm brand new to pdn and to photo editing. I'm enjoying all of this very much. Here is a little tribute I did to one of my great heroes Louis Armstrong. I hope you enjoy it.
LouisArmstrongAttempt4andahalfrevised.jp

I took all the advice and I think I got it refined pretty well. Thanks!!

Edited by cweber54
cweber54logo3NeonMushrooms.jpg

This could use a lot more work. Lose the white edges, get an HD photo, a better backround, and your set. Not bad for a first try though.

bfn.jpg

Gengar~

Thank you for your input and suggestions. Yes, the white border thing has been driving me crazy. I made the template using the magic wand and deleting the selected background material leaving the image to have as my template. For some reason the white border is still there and I can't figure out why or how to get rid of it? Anyway, I'm having fun with all this and again thanks for your input and for taking an interest.

cweber54, you can try using some plugins such as AA Assistant & Feather. Also take a look at TRs Fade Edge extreme. 

Or this: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/26966-trs-alpha-cutter-v21-with-auto-edgefollower-oct-24-2013/page-2

Adjusting the tolerance of magic wand sometimes helps too. 

Do a search on cutting out pictures or removing backgrounds. There are many ways of doing it. Some better suited than others to what you are trying to achieve. You will learn a lot along the way too :D

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

I love the new border! Keep it up.

bfn.jpg

Gengar~

Ooh, nice revision!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Thanks again everyone for the comments, suggestions  and encouragement! I really appreciate it and you all helped me a great deal. I'm finally learning how to get around a little better on PDN and what all the fantastic functions and plugins can do. Love it!! I hope I can keep at it. The next couple of months have me pretty busy. I direct a pit orchestra for a local theater group and this year we're presenting Phantom of the Opera. I'll be pretty busy with that one for sure! I'm playing trumpet in several productions in the area as well. Good to be busy especially doing things you love.

Edited by cweber54