Incompatible Plugins - an incomplete list (updated for 4.0.5284)

Ego Eram Reputo

Added PDNWatermark and PNM File Type.

Updated half of the list under 4.0.5168.  The following are working:

Blendmodes Plus

Conditional Hue & Saturation (CondHSAdj.dll).

Engrave/Emboss.  Nope. In ain't fixed after all :(
Extract Color.

Hue/Saturation+. 

Local Contrast Enhancement.

Yay!  Thanks Rick :star:

Error messages updated for those that remain broken.  If it doesn't have a version number beside it, it's still untested.

Good catch.  Thanks Welshy!  I'll update this tonight.

@cc4fuzzyhuggles: Thanks. Always trying to help :D

Thanks again Welshy :star: I'm not sure how that one got missed.

Edit:  It's flagged as depreciated - so I didn't test it ;)

Removed from the list because they are now working in version 4.0.5168.

Motion Sharpen

Shadow/Highlight Recovery

Sharpen+ 

Splashes

Splinter

Added

Power Stretch  (Effects > Distort).  Tested with 4.0.5168.  Full error message: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PaintDotNet.Effects.ThreeAmountsConfigDialog'

Why? That list would be very long.

Yep.  There are 30-40 incompatible, compared to several hundred that are compatible...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Added

RotateZoom+  (Effects > Distort).  Tested with 4.0.5168.  Full error message: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Increment value 0.01 is invalid - it must be less than current Maximum (-0.5).

ScreenPixel (Effects > Distort).  Tested with 4.0.5168.  Full error message: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PaintDotNet.Effects.AmountEffectConfigDialog'

Added

Single Hue (Effects > Color) Ed Harvey.  Tested with 4.0.5168.  Full error message: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.UI' from assembly 'PaintDotNet.SystemLayer, Version=4.0.5168.12074, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Sparkle_Stars.dll (Effects > Render). Knotts.  Tested with 4.0.5168.  Full error message: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PaintDotNet.Effects.ThreeAmountsConfigDialog'

It's the old one. Not Ed's new version. I suspect you have the new version installed?

Clipwarp, new and old, are crashing in v4 for me :/ .  Still working on v3.5.8 though - very confusing for moi :( .  Oh - and I did try re-installing with latest versions of the plugin.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

I am sure I had Clipwarp working. Please post the crash/error message.

Thanks.

I've got it.  ClipWarp seems to have been broken by the latest release.  Strange.

ClipWarp  Tested with 4.0.5168.  Exception details:  System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PaintDotNet.DataObjectExtensions' from assembly 'PaintDotNet.Core, Version=4.0.5168.12074, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

ClipWarpNew  Tested with 4.0.5168. Exception details: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PaintDotNet.DataObjectExtensions' from assembly 'PaintDotNet.Core, Version=4.0.5168.12074, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

• 2 weeks later...

Added:

(GPU) Motion Blur.  

Tested with 4.0.5168 as reported here: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/19364-hardware-accelerated-blur-pack-v24/page-3#entry406283

Full error message: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PaintDotNet.Rendering.PointFUtil' from assembly 'PaintDotNet.Base, Version=4.0.5168.12074, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Thanks @WB for explaining that :| .

As reported by Kelly - TR's Displacement map is crashing v4.  I will try to attach the crash log.

Hidden Content:
File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\CurtisBlack.Effects.dll

Name: CurtisBlack.Effects.Displacement.Displacement

Version: 1.1

Author: Curtis Black

Copyright: Copyright © 2008 Curtis Black

Website: http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=22521

Full error message: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'CurtisBlack.Common.PDNIO' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PaintDotNet.PdnFileTypes' from assembly 'PaintDotNet.Data, Version=4.0.5168.12074, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

at CurtisBlack.Common.PDNIO.GetFileTypes()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at CurtisBlack.Common.PDNIO.get_RecentFiles()

at CurtisBlack.Effects.Displacement.DisplacementConfigDialog.InitialInitToken()

at PaintDotNet.Effects.EffectConfigDialog.Constructor() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Effects\EffectConfigDialog.cs:line 110

at CurtisBlack.Effects.Displacement.DisplacementConfigDialog..ctor()

at CurtisBlack.Effects.Displacement.Displacement.CreateConfigDialog()

at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.RunEffectImpl(Type effectType) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 913

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

I do apologize @TR - it is indeed Curtis's which is crashing >:O .  I got confused with all these displacement plugins!

30b8T8B.gif

A tip for finding details about most plugins: Look at the top of the crash log

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\CurtisBlack.Effects.dll

Name: CurtisBlack.Effects.Displacement.Displacement

Version: 1.1

Author: Curtis Black

Copyright: Copyright © 2008 Curtis Black

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo