How to Install Plugins ×

'Scalable Vector Graphics' FileType Plugin (.SVG, .SVGZ)

midora

1) Update to the most recent version of paint.net

2) Ensure you have downloaded the .svg file correctly, and your browser hasn't injected rubbish into the file. ie: open the file in a text editor to ensure it's valid svg markup.

The fix is: change decimal symbol to <.> from <,> in Windows' Regional and Language – Additional settings...
Edited by username1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Hello !

I installed the plugin correctly and I have this error :

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/27/1467729225-fuuuu.jpg

I have Paint.net in English, version 4.0.9 installed,

I saw these messages :

The fix is: change decimal symbol to <.> from <,> in Windows' Regional and Language – Additional settings...

I'm trying to open SVG files from examples (first post of this thread) with paint.net 4.0.5 and ImSVG.Open.FileType 0.18.00 (everything is installed correctly and PDF filetype plugin from Martin Osieka works great). I'm getting this error:

System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.ParseSingle(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
   at ControlExtensions.ImSvg.Meal.EatNumber(Single& number)
   at ControlExtensions.ImSvg.AttributeOpacityInheritE(XmlNode elementNode, List`1 ancestors, String attributeName, Single defaultValue)
   at ControlExtensions.ImSvg.ElementNode(Graphics g, XmlNode elementNode, Int32 depth)
   at ControlExtensions.ImSvg.ElementG(Graphics g, XmlNode elementNode, Int32 depth)
   at ControlExtensions.ImSvg.ElementNode(Graphics g, XmlNode elementNode, Int32 depth)
   at ControlExtensions.ImSvg.ElementSvg(Graphics g, XmlNode svgElementNode, Int32 depth)
   at OptionBasedFileTypes.SvgFileType.OnLoad(Stream input)
   at PaintDotNet.FileType.Load(Stream input) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 477
   at PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Eval[T1,TRet](Func`2 f, T1 arg1) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Base\Functional\Func.cs:line 158

Please help!

But It don't works for me, the SVG file works in broswer as you can see:

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/27/1467729402-capture.jpg

Thanks !

PS : Sorry for eventual mistakes, i'm not english =)

• 1 month later...

That's a problem with the formatting due to the upgrade to the forum software. What's happened is that our custom TABLE tags have broken :(

I've put in a little fix to make the first post readable (line height increased from 0px to 1.5em - it's a CSS thing ;) )

Link is working as expected. Please try it again.

• 2 months later...

These plugins all got broken by one of the more recent Paint.NET updates. The most optimal fix is, quite honestly, to just create a new version of the plugin.

• 10 months later...

Here's an easy way around until something can be done to fix the plugin. 

XUOb8wF.png

It actually works quite with images I tested up to the size of an A4 page. Pictures can then be easily copied from Word into PDN for editing if necessary.

Xkds4Lh.png

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone give me a copy of this plugin v0.18?? Thanks.

Here you are EER.

EDIT:  Removed my attached file.  It is now in first post.

Edited by lynxster4
  • Like 1

Many thanks @lynxster4! I'll upload it when I get home.

• Like 1

Added link to zipped DLL.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

re: Download >>ImSVG.FileType v0.18 (23.3.2014), is this link still viable?  I navigate to the link (on DropBox), but nothing happens - no download, nothing.  Just an empty page.  I thought I might need to be signed in as a Forum member so I tried that but still no joy.  Anyone else having any luck?  I'd like to get this plugin if it's actually a thing.

Thanks, 

MediaWhapper 

1 minute ago, MediaWhapper said:

re: Download >>ImSVG.FileType v0.18 (23.3.2014), is this link still viable?  I navigate to the link (on DropBox), but nothing happens - no download, nothing.  Just an empty page.  I thought I might need to be signed in as a Forum member so I tried that but still no joy.  Anyone else having any luck?  I'd like to get this plugin if it's actually a thing.

Thanks, 

MediaWhapper 

It downloaded for me.  Maybe try again.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Clicking the Download link (https://www.dropbox.com/s/us5qwxxmuiia56y/ImSVG_Open.FileTypev0.18.zip?dl=0) displays the contents of the Zip file in Dropbox.

If there is a direct way to download the files from there it isn't apparent when have chosen not to log into DropBox (despite the comment saying "Click the Download button", there isn't one).

You can, however, just go up to the URL, change dl=0 to dl=1 and the zip file will download when you press Enter (the URL will also revert to dl=0).

Hi @Anth0ny and Welcome.  I just tried the link and had no trouble.  All one has to do is hit the Download - top right of Dropbox - and the Zip downloads :)

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 4 months later...

On trying to open SVG file get an error:

Interesting are paths in the last two rows of the error text: my PaintNet is installed in C:/program files and my machine has no D:/

Application version: paint.net v4.2.8

System.OverflowException: Überlauffehler.
   bei System.Drawing.Graphics.CheckErrorStatus(Int32 status)
   bei System.Drawing.Graphics.FillPath(Brush brush, GraphicsPath path)
   bei ControlExtensions.ImSvg.PaintPath(Graphics g, XmlNode elementNode, GraphicsPath gp)
   bei ControlExtensions.ImSvg.ElementPath(Graphics g, XmlNode elementNode)
   bei ControlExtensions.ImSvg.ElementNode(Graphics g, XmlNode elementNode, Int32 depth)
   bei ControlExtensions.ImSvg.ElementG(Graphics g, XmlNode elementNode, Int32 depth)
   bei ControlExtensions.ImSvg.ElementNode(Graphics g, XmlNode elementNode, Int32 depth)
   bei ControlExtensions.ImSvg.ElementSvg(Graphics g, XmlNode svgElementNode, Int32 depth)
   bei OptionBasedFileTypes.SvgFileType.OnLoad(Stream input)
   bei PaintDotNet.FileType.Load(Stream input) in D:\src\pdn\src\Data\FileType.cs:Zeile 512.
   bei PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Eval[T1,TRet](Func`2 f, T1 arg1) in D:\src\pdn\src\Base\Functional\Func.cs:Zeile 158.

Edited by Chilly_Bang

• 3 years later...
X:\Tools\Paint.net\FileTypes\ImSVG.Open.FileType.dll, version 0.18.0.0

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'OptionBasedLibrary v0.6, Version=0.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'OptionBasedLibrary v0.6, Version=0.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

Type: OptionBasedFileTypes.SvgFileTypeFactory
Version: 0.18.0.0
Author: Martin Osieka
Website: http://forums.comsquare.ch/viewforum.php?title=Paint.NET Tools
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'OptionBasedLibrary v0.6, Version=0.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'OptionBasedLibrary v0.6, Version=0.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
   at OptionBasedFileTypes.SvgFileTypeFactory.GetFileTypeInstances()
   at PaintDotNet.Data.FileTypesCollection.LoadFileTypesFrom(Assembly assembly, IFileTypeHost fileTypeHost, IPluginErrorService pluginErrorService)+MoveNext() in D:\src\pdn\src_4_3_x\PaintDotNet\Data\FileTypesCollection.cs:line 413

The plugin doesn't work for me , I get this error after trying to install it. The OptionBasedLibrary files are in my root Paint.net folder and the ImSVG.Open.FileType in the FileTypes folder. Im using the portable version.

Edited by Srednjak

18 minutes ago, Srednjak said:

The plugin doesn't work for me , I get this error after trying to install it. The OptionBasedLibrary files are in my root Paint.net folder and the ImSVG.Open.FileType in the FileTypes folder.

The original instruction to place the OptionBasedLibrary files in the Paint.NET folder is now out of date. These files should be placed in the Paint.NET\FileTypes\ folder for more recent versions of paint.net.

It might be wiser to use the alternative SVG plugin mentioned in the first post of this thread as it is actively maintained.

I've updated the instructions in the first post so that they no longer instruct you to put files in the root Paint.NET folder. I was hoping @midora would update the instructions for their plugins since the release of v4.3, but this has not happened.

• Upvote 1

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg