Bat and angel wings

Ella

This tutorial is available as a PDF. Click here to view or download it

I have made couple of tutorials of wings I thought could maybe help out some beginners:

-------------------------

First the bat wings.

You will need following plugins for this:

And now the angel wings tutorial which has also been available in PDN Fans forum for a bit now so some of you might be already familiar with it :).

I found this really easy   Gimp tutorial about how to make wings and made something similar with Paint.net.

I used Smudge and Grim Color Reaper in this tutorial.

Use Smudge tool freely to shape your wings as you wish :).

ADDED: If you don´t have Paintbrush option in your Smudge tool, use the option in Smudge tool´s popup window left corner "Add / Remove brushes" and try with own paint splatter png file or brush. If you don´t have own brush here is something I made you  can try with:

Edited by Woodsy
Rehosted to Postimage.
  • Upvote 7
sig_garfield.png

A couple of very nice techniques Ella! Thanks for sharing them.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Thanx for this 'tut' about wings. I have been looking for something like this for a while and after about 3-4 attempts I actually came up with some pretty decent angel wings. And I actually like having the instructions on the 'pic' it actually shows me what to use and i find it easier at times then glancing down at the instructions then glancing back up. Maybe its just me tho. Thanx again for sharing, stay awesome, love P.D.N.

p.s. (been a couple weeks or so) I still use this tut and have gotten a bit better and made these Celestial Nymph Wings inspired by my roomie who gave me the idea on the mossy look. Thanks again for the awesome tut n site guys.

15940713_248029198955542_854476388710700

Edited by LePurr
I've gotten a bit better since then.
  • Upvote 3

"I'm not a Human being. I walk in Eternity."
- The Doctor

Pretty moon alt small.gif

• 2 weeks later...

15541376_236996463392149_750271157892275

Oh and to also show how awesome P.D.N. is and their tuts and creative people who make these so we can make it easier to make some really cool stuff- i also like showing off these (more demon-ish then bat me thinx, lol) which i created as well using this tutorial. Kudos to this awesome site and even more awesome people that not only run but precede me in my endeavors that went diligently into the unknown to boldly go where no plug in has taken them before (in other words us forum folks). Plus sometimes its more fun and easier at times to 'make' said item then to hunt for something to do it for you, lol. Hats off and good luck in your ventures this site makes it easy n fun.

Edited by LePurr
  • Upvote 4

"I'm not a Human being. I walk in Eternity."
- The Doctor

Pretty moon alt small.gif