Colour Printing Problem

Flyboy7

Hi. I recently started using Paint.Net and I like it! I do have a problem printing though. If I load an image into PDN and try printing it,the colours print out faded. If I print the same image using MS Paint,Gimpshop or Inkscape it prints out perfectly. Am I missing something here? As I say,I'm new to PDN and am probably overlooking something simple.

Hi. I recently started using Paint.Net and I like it! I do have a problem printing though. If I load an image into PDN and try printing it,the colours print out faded. If I print the same image using MS Paint,Gimpshop or Inkscape it prints out perfectly. Am I missing something here? As I say,I'm new to PDN and am probably overlooking something simple.

Hard to tell. Please, provide a bit more information for the forum. Type of printer, an example of the image always helps and your os. You may just need to strengthen the image with saturation or contrast, but it's just guess work from my end. You may have to edit settings on your machine.

Hi Visual

Printer is Canon mp270 with new ink catridges. OS is Windows Vista. It happens with any/all images,even greyscale and black and white. I'm not altering the image in any way....just loading into PDN and printing. Just seems strange that it prints with no problems with other programs I mentioned. I have tried different file types..bmp,jpg,pdn etc.

devil24.bmp

Edited by Flyboy7

I see that it is a bmp at 24 bits on the details tab. I see some distortions around the smile, but that should not affect any color shifting.

Have you tried saving it as a png and then printing? You may have better results if you can change it to 16 bit or 8 bit.

Other than that, one of the developers will hopefully provide you with some technical reason that i can't do since they made the program.

Try this one [/url]">http://devil24png.jpg

Edited by Visual