How to Install Plugins ×

TR's Alpha Cutter V3.0.4 - (April 7th, 2014)

TechnoRobbo

PDNNOOB,DD & RED, Thank You 

(One thing to note: For me, it only works with the right 'Ctrl' key - probably just my rubbish keyboard!)

the rest of my reply is in XML:

<Puns>

<pun>Maybe you have a "Conservative" keyboard.</pun> 

<pun>Maybe it's one of those keyboard that always thinks it's "Right". </pun> 

<pun>At least it's not the "Wrong" Control Key.</pun> 

</Puns>

Weird. Since I read CTRL using C#'s ModifierKeys it should detect both. Can you control Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V from both left and right?

Edited by TechnoRobbo

Go out there and be amazing. Have Fun, TR
TRsSig.png?raw=1
Some Pretty Pictures Some Cool Plugins

All is needed now is a vanishing point plugin that PS has. Very good update and very useful, thank you :)

ZXCBOoZ.png

NiteNurse79 ....All is needed now is a vanishing point plugin that PS has.

Vanishing Point? Holy Christmas Nuts! Vanishing Point is a whole applet. That would take a long time considering all the tools it has.

How about a Smudger instead? Cause that's what I wrote.

(Smudger is Coming real soon!!!!)

Skull,

Does that come in a 4 door?

TRsSig.png?raw=1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have downloaded and played with this plug-in.  I think out of the plug-ins you have wrote, this one has the most potential to be unleashed, so kudos for writing and publishing it.

However, there's one thing I don't like about this plug-in, and that's using the angle to draw the edge around an object I wish to mask.  Is it possible for you to create a plug-in where I could draw the edge directly on the plug-in's canvas (similar to using pryochild's smudge and lquidify plug-ins)?  I think, coupling this ability with using CTRL key to lock the edge, this plug-in would be right up there with smudge and liquidfy.

However, there's one thing I don't like about this plug-in, and that's using the angle to draw the edge around an object I wish to mask.  Is it possible for you to create a plug-in where I could draw the edge directly on the plug-in's canvas (similar to using pryochild's smudge and lquidify plug-ins)?  I think, coupling this ability with using CTRL key to lock the edge, this plug-in would be right up there with smudge and liquidfy.

Have you seen:

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/27512-trs-splinemaster-v134-a-line-maker-jan-5th-2014utc/?p=400634

It has been my intention since I wrote the handle system for SplineMaster to employ and editable save-able mask system for Alpha Cutter.

Spline Master has a masking system but does not employee Auto Follower or Zoom, like Alpha Cutter does. I decided not to clutter SplineMaster  and create a similar system in Alpha Cutter.

I wrote Alpha Cutter in Code Lab but I feel I can't push IndirectUI to do what I need, so I am writing it under a Windows Form interface. Yes I have started writing it.

By the way TR's Fuego and TR's Smudger both have full-image interfaces also.

Edited by TechnoRobbo

TRsSig.png?raw=1

For those of you who hate reading instructions here is Update 3.0 Pre-Release - I am working on instruction videos and tutorials so I haven't updated the original post. 

Simple intuitive controls - improved tracking algorithm (whiskers!). Soft edge masked with curvature control.

Left-Click :
   Inserts a new Control Point
   Selects and moves Control Point
   Inserts Control Point after selection
<Escape> De-selects Control Point
<Delete> Deletes selected Control Point
<BackpSpace> Deletes Last
Mouse Wheel: Zooms in and out
Right-Click: Pans View

Try it out - tell me if you break it. I'll do my best to fixit.
TRSAC30.png?raw=1

Pre release moved to last post
Edited by TechnoRobbo

TRsSig.png?raw=1

For the most part...it does its job. There's some edges I will have to clean up, naturally.

Hmm...would it be possible to add the ability to automatically zoom out instead of being zoomed all the way in?  Edit: The only way I was able to get a "zoomed out" view was to resize my photograph.

Also, I noticed when panning using the stylus' "right-click" function, it would add points instead of just panning around.  Maybe it's the stylus and me doing it.  If you need to know, I have a Wacom Bamboo drawing tablet.

Edited by TrevorOutlaw

For the most part...it does its job. There's some edges I will have to clean up, naturally.

this is why you can move add delete handles on the fly

Hmm...would it be possible to add the ability to automatically zoom out instead of being zoomed all the way in?  Edit: The only way I was able to get a "zoomed out" view was to resize my photograph.

I'll experiment with that sounds like a good idea

Edited by TechnoRobbo

TRsSig.png?raw=1

Here's Version 3.0.1 Pre-release - tell me if it's enough zoom.

Also, I noticed when panning using the stylus' "right-click" function, it would add points instead of just panning around.  Maybe it's the stylus and me doing it.  If you need to know, I have a Wacom Bamboo drawing tablet.

On my tablet - that has to do with putting pressure on the tip. If you haven't solved it I can  use a modifier key like CTRL of Shift to initiate a pan. 

Let me know please.

Download in Original Post http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/26966-trs-alpha-cutter-v301-jan-242014/?p=395803

Edited by TechnoRobbo
  • Upvote 1

TRsSig.png?raw=1

I just tested the update as you asked.  Well done.

The photograph I use is quite large, 4608x3072, which was taken with a Nikon D3100 DSLR camera, and that's probably why it does not automatically zoom out to "Window" size as it does in the PDN enivornment.  However, using the zoom slider, I was able to zoom in and out.  I think that was an issue, because I cannot recall if I was able to use the slider to zoom out.  I think you have fixed it.

The pan, I think, was actually my own fault.  The pen, when touching the drawing tablet's surface, acts like a left click, and when I use the "right-click" button of the pen, I would actually be dragging and clicking the points on the image I was trying to mask.  I figured that if I hover the pen slighty above the drawing tablet's surface, and use right-click, I was able to pan accordingly.

The plug in does behave slow, but I suspect this is due to the size of the photograph itself, and the fact the computer is working hard calculating everything as I am tracing the object I am trying to mask.

Edit: I can confirm that size indeed does play a factor.  When I reduced the size of the photograph by 40% the speed was noticably faster.

Edit 2: WOW. I love this plug-in.  I love I can click "Enable Mask" to see if I have missed an edge, and fine tune the edge.  Marvelous plug-in!

Edited by TrevorOutlaw

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm experiencing some difficulty in using the Alpha Cutter.  Yes, I have the v3.0.2, but here's the issue...I can't seem to move around the image I'm trying to cut.  I would like to be able to zoom in to fine tune, and then move to the bottom of the image, and I can't seem to do that.  I'm using the 2nd 4.0 beta version.

• 2 weeks later...

hi tr, i think i just found a couple of bugs with your latest version, i don't know if they were present in earlier versions?

1. invert mask appears to disable smooth edge (anti aliasing) until the mask is inverted back to normal.

2. the zoom slider's zoom is not centered, it appears with the 16:9 image i'm working on to always zoom to the upper left of the image. although i'm aware we can thankfully pan with right mouse/touchpad button.

Edited by ratty redemption
  • Upvote 1

1. invert mask appears to disable smooth edge (anti aliasing) until the mask is inverted back to normal.

2. the zoom slider's zoom is not centered, it appears with the 16:9 image i'm working on to always zoom to the upper left of the image. although i'm aware we can thankfully pan with right mouse/touchpad button.

ratty

1.,thanks for spotting the bug - Fixed

2 When you zoom out full it resets to upper left since the center is not decided. but if you don't zoom out beyond 100% it retains center.

Edited by TechnoRobbo

TRsSig.png?raw=1

• 4 weeks later...

thanks for the great plug in. I used it and it works reasonably well. Although I may have missed something, as I still have some small white areas along the edges of my cut out? Do I need to adjust the settings on the Alpha Cutter tool panel?

NewCatesiggy_zps1bc90d52.jpg

"Geek is me"

you can move the round a handle manually to suit your image. Try applying TR's EFX (Edge Fader Extreme) or another feather program to blend the image with the background.

Edited by TechnoRobbo

TRsSig.png?raw=1

Seriously, this is simply a phenomenal plugin. Thank you for developing it.  It is the finest selection tool I've seen.

Suggestions:

1) Please preserve the state of the plugin; the settings and points, etc.   If I make a booboo, and return, I have to start all over again.  Sometimes there can be dozens / hundreds and it would be incredibly helpful for the mask to be there right where I'd left it to make a revision.  This makes me really sad. :(

- I realize there is a Review, but when you see the result in context with another image, it is still necessary to make adjustments.

2) Please implement zoom using the position of the mouse. Right now it zooms to the center of the image so one must "drag" the image back to where you were working.

3) Allow fine control over the selected point via the arrow keys.

Thank you so much.

Nick

Edited by nickdwaters
  • Upvote 1