How to Install Plugins ×

TR's Alpha Cutter V3.0.4 - (April 7th, 2014)

TechnoRobbo

Wow this would of saved me so much time a while back, well done :) shame you can't set the points with the mouse on the main image but I suppose that is not possible.

Will definitely give this a go tomorrow.

Had a play with it and feel it misses out on not being able to zoom in and out of the image as you are working on it.  Yes you can zoom in then activate the plug in but then it's harder to move the cursor to the correct spot even with the fine tuning.  For me the line tool is still the way to go especially if the image has a lot of curved edges.  Still well done on the plug in and all the rest you have given the community. :)

Minners71, ....shame you can't set the points with the mouse on the main image but I suppose that is not possible.

Minners,

Thanks for the challenge. I'm almost done tweaking version 1.5 which allows you to use the mouse to position the marker. You can create a mask in a fraction of the time.

Go out there and be amazing. Have Fun, TR
TRsSig.png?raw=1
Some Pretty Pictures Some Cool Plugins

Wow, flattered.

I use it to trigger an event because it always triggers. Then I use my single shot wrapper to process the marker, reading the mouse position manually. Of course I have to calculate relative motion so I use the "mouseon" semaphore to get a base position and the second event (and so on...) to calculate the real position.

Edited by TechnoRobbo

TRsSig.png?raw=1

Nice tool TR, I like it.

I use Polygon Tool by Simon Brown for same purpose, there I can work on the image itself, but with connected lines with right click instead of dots, what I do after that is clicking undo, add new layer and repeat the plugin to get the outlines on its own layer then Magic Wand it.

I wonder if it is possible to use same technique on the same UI.?

Edited by yellowman

Yellowman,

If you click on the "Show Outline" checkbox you have connected lines.

To All,

A mouse cursor, as with all UI, is an elegant illusion. The mouse (or trackball) sends "mickeys" to Windows, Windows moves the cursor in a relative fashion. Your brain sees this as a tangible construct. I am merely replicating this illusion to control a second cursor. 

What I am concentrating on now is the second part of Minners71's comment - Zooming in and out. Wish me luck.

TRsSig.png?raw=1

Minners71 and all,

Version 1.6  uploaded - zoom in and out to edit more accurately. cursor super stabelized too.

Minners71 - thanks for your review, it inspired many ideas.

Edited by TechnoRobbo

TRsSig.png?raw=1

Hi TR,

I didn't download the .dll .... I copied and pasted the code into codelab and built it!

Very clever plugin and very useful too.
I had no idea that this type of plugin could be created with codelab.
Bravo!

Many thanks for sharing the plugin and the code.

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Red,

Thanks, BTW I intend to speed up the zoomed in's frame rate by changing the Interpolation mode on both Graphic objects to NearestNeighbor. If you wanna beat me to it, feal free. I will probaly do this tonitght when I get home.

Off the top of my head it should look something like this:

g.Graphics.InterpolationMode = System.Drawing.Drawing2D.InterpolationMode.NearestNeighbor;

z.Graphics.InterpolationMode = System.Drawing.Drawing2D.InterpolationMode.NearestNeighbor;

Just guessing at the syntax right now will have to try it.

Edited by TechnoRobbo

TRsSig.png?raw=1

V 1.8 uploaded - Zoom in frame rate increased

Red, 

the actual code was

g.InterpolationMode = System.Drawing.Drawing2D.InterpolationMode.NearestNeighbor;
            z.InterpolationMode = System.Drawing.Drawing2D.InterpolationMode.NearestNeighbor;

Edited by TechnoRobbo

TRsSig.png?raw=1

Updated v1.8, many thanks!

The zoom feature makes it very easy and accurate to use. For my purposes this a very useful alternative to the Lasso select tool but easier to undo mistakes.

Midora' path tools beta plugin creates a menu heading Effects/ "Path Tools", perhaps this belongs there too?
Just a thought and probably best to pm him first though.

I downloaded the zip this time - I think you over-estimate my coding skills - still I am a whole year younger! :lol:

(Just noticed this version 1.8 "TRs AlphaCutter" has a gap in the .dll name which I believe is not recommended and also means it won't replace the previous version "TRsAlphaCutter" - intended or typo? - manually deleting older version)

Thanks again.

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Version 1.9 Uploaded

-Change Cursor/Outline Color for better visibility

-finer cursor control as you zoom 

(due to dll name change older version may have to be deleted manually)

* for the programmers out there - sorry I forgot to update the Source Code section will do that tonight.

(Done)

Yes there is a 2.0 Coming - it's a full blown lasso system.

Edited by TechnoRobbo

TRsSig.png?raw=1

Wow...I have to say the last update caught me off guard. I did not expect this to suddenly become all the improvements to photoshop's magnetic lasso that I ever wanted...but you made it that and more.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo