Counting filled cells in column

teferrell

I checked out your files and noticed that every duplicate columns started at row 1 and was exactly 26 pixels in height. Couldn't be a coincidence , something was hidden. I checked out your layers and found this.

why.PNG?raw=1

I filled in your transparency with the color white and the double columns disappeared.

Edited by TechnoRobbo

Go out there and be amazing. Have Fun, TR
TRsSig.png?raw=1
Some Pretty Pictures Some Cool Plugins

Did this extra layer come with the image when I imported it? Can it just be deleted or is it necessary for the image? I will make sure I check the layers from now on....I hadn't thought to do it since I didn't create any. I think I need to go over to Amazon and purchase the tutorial or I'll end up bothering everyone here with endless questions...lol. Thank you for all your help!

Sorry to be so paintnet illiterate but I don't know how to make the transparency white.  Is the transparency the checkerboard surrounding the image?  If so, I had that on my heart pattern and had no duplicate columns so I guess I am still confused :(

Is the transparency the checkerboard surrounding the image?  If so, I had that on my heart pattern and had no duplicate columns so I guess I am still confused  :(

Yes that is transparency. Without seeing the image I can't tell you for sure but my best guess is that color was white and transparent.

In PDN the colors consist of 4 channels, Red Green Blue and Alpha. Alpha is the transparency channel. If Red Green and Blue are 100% and Alpha is 0% then it is white and invisible.

Edited by TechnoRobbo

Go out there and be amazing. Have Fun, TR
TRsSig.png?raw=1
Some Pretty Pictures Some Cool Plugins

Thank you so much for your help getting the pattern figured out. Instead of bringing the image in via layers I used new in file. Also, instead of adding 2 extra pixels via canvas I went to the border of the image and erased the necessary pixels in order to achieve the required white border that pixelcount requires. Here is how the folding turned out. If anyone is interested in how to do this using paint.net I will be happy to help.

I totally missed the connection between the book folding and the image you were discussing!  Now I see it.  That's pretty cool Heather.

• 1 year later...