wacom bamboo

Hi,

I've been using this tablet with PaintNet with no problems:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trust-Stylus-Design-Tablet-15356/dp/B0012RKSYI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1374158374&sr=8-3&keywords=trust+tablet

I recently bought myself one of these as I read it was better:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wacom-Bamboo-Pen-Graphics-Tablet/dp/B005TYVS4Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1374158387&sr=8-1&keywords=bamboo

However it isn't. I can't even draw a circle due to the lag. Is this because of pressure sensitivity not being supported in PaintNet? If so is there a way around it?

What other paint applications are people using? I've been looking at Gimp but it seems to have a steep learning curve. PaintNet is a lot easier and does almost everything I need a paint program to do.

Sorry if this has been asked a million times before, I am a noob and just need some clarification.

Many thanks

MikeM

Paint.NET doesn't support pressure sensitivity and is why you're experiencing the lag. Gimp is a great program, but it's confusing (to me, at least) and you can substitute with free versions of ArtWeaver, TwistedBrush Open Studio, and PaintTool Sai. By the way, all these programs have full versions and don't cost that much, but I used the free versions of each and enjoyed all of them. Personally, ArtWeaver (the free version) has most to offer.http://www.artweaver.de/download-en

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Hi,

However it isn't. I can't even draw a circle due to the lag. Is this because of pressure sensitivity not being supported in PaintNet? If so is there a way around it?

Unlikely to be caused by pressure-sensitivity.

Most of the time, the lag is caused by flicks.  Right-click the flicks icon in the system tray, then "Turn off flicks."

See screenshot below.

post-70234-0-35065100-1374266486_thumb.p

• 3 weeks later...

I have this exact same issue.  When using a Sylus (w/ the Bamboo Connect) and drawing, there's a delay before the program actually starts drawing.  i.e. it does not consider it a successful click until you move the stylus a moderate amount.  As a result it's impossible to do minor detail or draw a circle.

I have flicks turned off so I don't think it's that.

• 7 months later...

While your input is appreciated, this is an old thread, as you can see by the timestamps on the posts. Please have a look at the forum rules, particularly rule #11. Thanks!

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo