Trying to open .dds file, getting error.

Hello all.

I've been trying to open a specific .dds file for a bit now, and unfortunately, it's not working.

It's saying that there is 'an unspecified error while opening the file'.

I've opened many other .dds files before with Paint.NET so I'm a little confused why I can't load this specific one. It's not corrupted or anything, so I'm at an impasse as to why it won't load.

It wouldn't load in other software either, saying similar things as to why it can't load.

I can always upload the file if it's needed for someone to examine/look at if anyones interested.

Thanks.

It's saying that there is 'an unspecified error while opening the file'.

It wouldn't load in other software either, saying similar things as to why it can't load.

Looks like a problem with the file itself - despite your confidence that it is not corrupted.

I can always upload the file if it's needed for someone to examine/look at if anyones interested.

Please do upload the file so others can verify it either has a problem or is sound.

• 1 month later...

I've encountered this before, it was due to the way the file was saved as the file type and extension I used were not the same. Try changing the extension to something else and eventually it will open as long as it's not corrupted.

saveerror.png

RFX5A1.jpg