How to change the colour of text on Image?

Hi All,

I'm new here and to paint and thought to ask the following question:

I have a jpeg image and would like to change the colour of 3 of the words on the image. The image is on a black background.

Can anyone tell me how to do this please?

Thank you in advance,

TX

Hi Transx - Here is one way to do this.

before-1.png                      th_Untitled2.png

Before                                                               How to

Basically, upload your image.  Make a new layer and, working back and forth between the two layers, use the magic wand :MagicWandTool: on the text in the image layer that you want to change, go to the second layer and, using Paint Bucket  :FillSelection:  Tool, choose your colour and fill in the new colour.  The new colour will be on the 2nd layer.  When done, use Gaussian Blur at default then go to Tools ad Save As and pick either png or jpeg/gif depending on what you want it for.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

If the text is dissimilar in color to the background, try the Recolor tool :RecoloringTool:

For help on how to use this tool: http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/RecolorTool.html

A different look at how to use it: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/23648-filling-an-object-while-retaining-lines/#entry366186